No announcement yet.

Im back,,,,,,,,,My Outlaw Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone make patche panels for the kinked frames? If not just make your own. Will prob never kink again once patched with more support than the factory.
    Mark Erbesfield
    57 356A
    65 911
    68 912
    73 911S
    66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

I do remember someone offering repair sections of the inner structer but I can't say who that was. Steve Hogue I'm sure could knock out some sections out for you though. If someone where to force the hood down closed again once you had it all reinforced the hinge housings and the cowl would most likely end up being bent all to shit. Which is the easier repair?
      Justin Rio

Comment

Knocked her eyes out, no way in hell Im paying $180 each for the buckets .
        Started putting the bottom in the driver door. Going to get the outside patch in tomorrow I hope.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0002.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	20040

Name:	DSCF0001.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	20039
        60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Beetle buckets work fine for what your doing. Yawnt sum?

You can also rivet or 3M panel bond fiberglass buckets if you retain a lip like the Factory Spyder 550 headlight mounts.
          We BUY $ell Trade any NOS green Porsche metal!
          Call toll free today.
          877-356-8827

Comment

Fresh door bottom looks good! Ready to cut the nose free it seems...
            Stay on brock!
            Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

Thanks for the offer Rick but these are easliy repairable they only have a nickle size hole in the top of them.
              ;
              Thanks Justin, as soon as the doors are done the nose comes off.
              60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Got the outter on the door starting the other door today.

Name:	DSCF0011.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	20143
                60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Now for the slow process of stitching it together and keeping as much heat distortion out of it as possible. This can sure try your patience! Best of luck with it Brock! Thanks for the update! Justin
                  Justin Rio

Comment

Not welding the outter, I used SEM Weld Bond on that long seam. Came out flat and even. If these doors didnt have the last 3 of the vin on em I think I may have found new ones.
                    60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Oh, you're gluing the new panel in? Is there a step flange in there for your glued mating surface? Well that takes care of any heat deformation...
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Yeah when I made the outter I flanged the top edge about 1/2". Got in place and just lifted the skin a little and sqirted the SEM in and weighted it till it set.
                        60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Nice work!

What type of rear suspension are you going to use? Wheels? Brakes?

I see you are in Beaufort. Atlantic beach was my destination in the 60's but haven't been there since probably 67 or so. I grew up near Wilson which is about 100 miles west near I95.
                          Ashley Page

Comment

Name:	DSCF0028.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	20455

This mess of wires and cables all mean....ITS ALIVE!!!! Started the scooby today. Sounds great with just the header.

Got the paint stripped off the doors with the heat gun yesterday

Name:	DSCF0026.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	20456

Name:	DSCF0025.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	20454

Its changed alot since 67 but its home eventhough stainless will rust here. Going wide 5 disc, Empi 5 spokes,stock front arms and some type of IRS in the rear.
                            60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Oh man! I'll bet firing that thing up was exciting! Keep after it! Justin
                              Justin Rio

Comment

Yeah it was a blast and a load off my mind to know it worked. Vid coming asap.....
                                60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Working...
                                X