Rusty Tub 2 1958 Speedster Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew,
    I don't own a late speedster, but I know the man that sold you the car has one. Perhaps it can be loaned out for a production run. Rusty Tubs, you out there?
    I needed a low bow, and not the $15k version on eBay. The folks at Rusty Tubs came through for me. They are also on Las Vegas time.

-MC-

Comment

These are actual dimensions of what looks to be a cast part. You may choose to round off some of the dimensions.
      Attached Files
      Registry Number: Who Cares??

Comment

Thanks Tom, that was quick.
        I will scale the drawing, add your dimensions and then re post.
        If anyone can see any mistakes please let me know.
        regards
        Drew

Comment

Reproductions are going to be available soon.
          We BUY $ell Trade any NOS green Porsche metal!
          Call toll free today.
          877-356-8827

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5981800x600.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	59600

Name:	IMG_5980800x600.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	59601
            Call toll free today.
            877-356-8827

Comment

Thanks Ric for the info and pictures.
              Can you give us an idea of timing for the repro part?
              Is it being manufactured in the US or Europe?

Here is the revised drawing with rounded up/down dimensions but it may be a waste of time after Ric's announcement.
              As always feel free to question/amend.

Name:	Steeringcolumnbracket_revised.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	59611

I will pass this on to the guy in Italy anyway so he can assess if it's viable to produce a batch.
              Regards
              Drew

Comment

Name:	DSCF6005_sml.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	65718

Name:	10KPE_sml.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	65719Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6044_sml.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	65720

Regards
                Drew

Comment

Casting of aluminum , such as Glasspar and small bits are in Justin's hands right now. There is a company in California that will send prototypes for inspection of the steering column support.
                  Updates will be posted.

As for putting your speedster on the backburner, I think your hands are full now, and you should return the 58 for a full refund. 4th time to try to buy it back It's going to get in the way of those two new projects you have. We understand you are too busy for it.
                  Call toll free today.
                  877-356-8827

Comment

Very cool, Drew. You've been bitten by the Porsche 356 bug!!

Love to see more pictures of your great finds.

JP
                    jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Ric
                      Your lovely 58 is quite happy here in the UK looking forward to a Fed Ex man knocking on my door in the next few weeks.
                      My guy in Italy has also produced the speedster bracket so it will be interesting to see which one is the most accurate.
                      John the 356 bug has never left me it's just turned into a fever recently.
                      I will post some more pictures and details soon, the silver car is an original AFN Isleworth UK delivery car the dirty red one was imported into the UK from South Africa in the 60's.
                      More soon.
                      Regards
                      Drew

Comment

Morgen Drew,
                        Can you really fit a BIG garage on your lot?
                        Seams not enough room to squezze a 6 car garage on to the lot from seeing your pictures.
                        And I love that your into your OAK for the new building.
                        Maybe you even can use your old Porsche oak bucket on your two new 356...
                        Congratulations on your cool findings.....
                        Will you have any time for work, family, vaccation the next couple of years?
                        / Per
                        JOP

Comment

WOW! You really have your hands full now. Congratulations!
                          Justin Rio

Comment

Drew,

Its odd, but North Wales seems to have had a number of 356 cars hiding away for years and years. On a visit 25 years ago to some Welsh customers with a large Merc articulated lorry full of machine tools, to demonstrate the way they operated, the lorry broke down with alternator problems in Colwyn Bay. The driver also English but working for the Swiss like me, was a good driver and engineer. We went to a Merc dealer and arranged repair I had the car to lead the way all over the UK which helped. Anyway during the meeting in the Merc garage the subject of 356 came up and the guy there told me one of his neighbours had a 356 for years in his garage, never moved, but was a special one. Said the guy wanted to sell it.

We went on our way, and would you believe about 2 months later in the magazine section where cars are found in barns etc, low and behold the advice of a 356A Carrera that had been found in the Colwyn Bay area and bought for restoration. All complete and ready for work !!

From then to today, always wished I had asked more questions.!!

Well done Drew on finding and buying those cars!!

Roy

Comment

I don't know if your sill in need of the steering column bracket but there is one currently available oN EBay if it hasn't sold.

Comment

Name:	Frame_high.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	73509Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6318_sml.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	73510

Comment

Working...