No announcement yet.

New Project '60 356b S90 t5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	98F3AA9D-7B62-4DC7-8BE3-CC5B1B3379D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	395.3 KB ID:	108691 Hello all

slow progress here......quick question tho.

I can see that panel suppliers sell angle floor pan kits which I’m assuming joints the inner long with the pan. My question is .... the inner long comes down to a right angle then the floor pan would be sandwiched between that and the outer longitudinal?? See my quick photo markup, green is the floor pan. Yellow the outer longitudinal, red the inner.

thankyou!.

Comment

• JTR70
      JTR70 commented
      Editing a comment
      The floor pan(green) lays on the inside of the vertical wall flange(red) Longitudinal outer closing wall (yellow) welds directly to the underside of the vertical wall flange(red). Tough without a reference car for sure but keep going and good luck. Justin

Excellent thankyou justin, I dug a little further after what you wrote and after cleaning I found a patch that was left welded together where I could see it’s make up. Thankyou.

im moving further but just putting a panels order together before I can cut and move.

I finished plug welding the battery box in place yesterday, I’m pretty happy, just needs a bit of tidying. I’ve been looking at fitting the tow bracket but can’t see how it will fit!? Best to bend the rear bracket brace around the stamping? Or bang part of the pressing flat? It’s a restoration design panel and its pressings are more pronounced than originals, annoying!

thx
    mark
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BE4B4C43-2288-47FB-8D8F-0D85E7A1D7DC.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	108715Click image for larger version

Name:	8BD74A7E-0241-4047-9C2B-9C7F60511233.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	108714

Name:	2B6FACAD-403E-4456-9DF1-387BF73109C7.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	108713

Comment

Mark,

You are getting on well this work! Its not easy is it! That tow hook securing point looks different o my 356A one. I must look at the old pics I have somewhere I am sort of positive the bottom of the battery box is flat. The tow hook I have never had to remove.

Keep it going bit by bit.

Roy

Comment

Here's some shots of an NOS T5 box.

Name:	IMG_1698.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	109086Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1699.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	109087
        Looks like it drops in flat right at the tow hook. HTH Keep up the great progress!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Mark my T2 is the same as the picture above. The tow hook lays flat central to the the raised rib that is in the centre. It looked to me like the raised rib on yours comes forward too much ( too long ). Maybe the way you photographed it? Justins photo is very clear how it goes.
          Roy

Comment

Working...
          X