Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 The Resurrection of Foam Car - 63 T6B - ABCGT Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Resurrection of Foam Car - 63 T6B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Tom
    I did engine compartment same way. Pics posted a few pages back.

Justin
    Is there a way to search a thread?

Comment

• JTR70
      JTR70 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can search it if that entry has a unique title from the main thread but if not you'll have to dig. You can also find it if you know its ID number. That's found in the upper right hand corner of each one. Example: this one is #1086

• Wow. 3 1/2 months of no progress. Got sidelined fixing up a Tahoe for daughter and doing needed rust repair on our 98 Chevy Tracker(1 owner matching #s).

I am using the last of my 20 year old Dynamat to cover the trunk area. Got one side pretty well fit with cutouts for tank bolts and floor vent rubber. Sidewalls cleaned up and painted prior to undetcoat. Put plastic straws on vent cables to keep off paint and undercoat. May just remove them as dash control has to come out to paint dash.

Cant upload puc as too big.

Comment

• JTR70
      JTR70 commented
      Editing a comment
      Easy to get sidetracked. I'm right with you there Phil.

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	497.3 KB
ID:	109722 Finally got the Dynamat glued in. Took quite a while getting it fitted and holes punched for gas tank and steering box cover etc
    Last edited by JTR70; 09-07-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Got the roofing paper glued onto the dynamat. Dropped in tank and steering cover to help clamp it down.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	363.0 KB
ID:	109740Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	406.8 KB
ID:	109741
      Last edited by JTR70; 09-10-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Justin
        I may have asked before but I see you edited a post above I assume to enlarge pic. I am just using my cell phone and recently could not attach as exceeded 2mb. So I changed phone setting and most are now under 2mb but post smaller. You shouls not have to waste your time. Train me again please.

Comment

• Got brake fluid in the reservoir. Slight drip where I plugged pressure switch hole. Got that snugged. Time to bleed m/c

Name:	
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	109744
          Last edited by JTR70; 09-10-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• you're really starting to get this car back together Phil, looking great! As for photo uploads and displays here is what you do:

Name:	IMG_6537.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	109756 Instead of using the camera icon on the left side, look over to the right hand side and click on this tag icon. This eliminates that numbered photo carousel.

Name:	IMG_6538.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	109757 Once you have photos loaded place the curser in the text box where you would like that particular photo to appear and select the "large" icon. That's all there is to it.

Keep up the great progress.

Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

• Thanks for the retraining Justin. Good news is that I cant post pictures of my now bled m/c and all 4 wheels, but that is now done.
              A PO punched a hole in the dash to install a fog light switch. Car had no fog light when I got it. I am slowly working the metal back into the hole in hopes of just welding it up. Otherwise will have to drill bigger and weld in a patch. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200917-204939.png
Views:	266
Size:	654.0 KB
ID:	109793

Comment

• Removed old trunk wire harness as have much better used one I picked up. Installed nos fuse panel, cleaned id tags and painted low gloss black on steering box cover and panel cross car where tags are. Cleaned out tire well in prep for top coat of paint then undercoat.

Name:	20200930_113957.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	109906

Comment

• JTR70
                  JTR70 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking good Phil, Are you going undercoat before you add in the harness?

• Yes will undercoat. Put topcoat of paint on yesterday. Needs 48 hrs to cure. Undercoat tomorrow.

Comment

• Tire well undercoated and all undercoat sprayed with satin black. Leaving original sound padding under tank. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201004-150647.png
Views:	237
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	109941

Comment

• Got front wire harness completely installed. Painted headlight buckets and latch slate gray. Riveted tow hook.Click image for larger version  Name:	20201101_153418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	537.7 KB ID:	110158 Click image for larger version  Name:	20201101_153400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	835.7 KB ID:	110159

Comment

• JTR70
                      JTR70 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Its looking good Phil! How far off are you before you begin the body work/ paint phase? Are you handling that yourself?

• Justin.
                    Thats same question my wife keeps asking
                    My plan has been to get it operational 1st so if it never gets finished by me it is marketable and mostly all together. Next up is sealing gas tank then tackleing under dash wire harness along with stripping and painting dash. Eith that done I will get serious on gaps and block sanding which I can do outside to have fresher air and no dust in shop.

Too many hobbies vie for foam car time. Right now its bow hunting.

Comment

• Tried to install horn and discovered I screwed up and welded top of horn bracket to back of h/l conduit instead of front on both sides of car. So spent a few hours grinding off welds and rewelding brackets on correctly. Of course had to repaint and undercoat. If Bruce were here he would fire me again.

Comment

• JTR70
                        JTR70 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL! Par for the course...

• I bought 6v h4 lights years ago. Bought a ceramic connector to better handle heat. Installed Optima 6v battery and tested h/l wiring and grounds. Finally something worked right. Got horn installed on drivers side. Will hook up wires and test next.

Name:	20201110_202823.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	110209

Comment

Working...
                      X