Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 The Resurrection of Foam Car - 63 T6B - ABCGT Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Resurrection of Foam Car - 63 T6B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Phil,

Yeah, They finally got it going. Sorry about your more recent posts that where lost. Still figuring things out on this new platform. What I did discover just a moment ago concerns photo attachments. To insert a photo into your existing text all you have to do is click on the desired photo then drag and drop it where you want it. A little easier than the old way. Anyways lots of bugs and things yet to figure out but its a start.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

• Justin
      Very different than what you had. Im trying to figure out how to automatically get to newest post. Currently the thread always starts at pg. 1. Also, pictures much smaller. If I drag, will they enlarge?
      Anyway, thanks for keeping this site going and keeping it "modern"

Comment

• Hey Phil, I'm on the learning curve as well. Yes, if you click on the title the system will take you to the first page. (I can ask about changing that) but take a look at the tiny blue circle on the left side and/or the tiny blue rectangle icon under your ID. if you click on either on of those it will take you to the latest entry. This will get us by for now. Yes, after loading the photo drag and drop it in the text box and it should display larger. My pleasure, hope you like the new system once we get it all dialed in. Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

• Phil. I selected these options which shows the latest post at the top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	103767
        Last edited by John Pierce; 12-22-2018, 11:57 AM.
        jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

• A big thanks to Justin for getting forum running again. Im sure there will be a flood of pictures posted. Will update my progress soon.

Comment

• Yes indeed. Thank you Justin!!
            jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

• Finally located a decent conduit bender so I could Click image for larger version

Name:	0416191517.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	658.2 KB
ID:	105065have 1 piece going up into the bucket. Seems repros stop at the bucket and dont go thru.

Now all I have to do is get retrained on how to post pictures. Takes me to my album, but cant find the album to add pics.
              Last edited by Phil Planck; 05-24-2019, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Thanks you guys! Its great to have this back up again! My biggest concern was that we might of lost all the content but no, the fix was very straight forward according to my new guy. He is now currently working on the previous photo display glitches and will also be installing a few updates within the next 24 hours. If you find the forum gone again don't worry he is just in the middle of installation and it will be back up shortly.

Glad you got the picture loading dialed in again Phil. Looking good! having the right tools sure makes the difference doesn't it?

Thanks for all of your patience during my quest to get this all figured out again. More improvements to come!
                Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

• Learning the latest forum, so bear with me. Bunch of pics to load, but progress will be somewhat out of order.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	521.8 KB
ID:	105323
                  Today I stripped most of the bottom of the hood. Top previously stripped.

Next I started opening the hem. Need to check Tom's thread to see how he did this, and advice from Bruce. Don't need him retyping.

Don't know why the different pic sizes.

?????
                  Last edited by JTR70; 05-31-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• JTR70
                    JTR70 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Undersides and jambs are always fun.

• Found Tom Perazzo's thread on hood repair and spent an hour reviewing it:

Comment

• Justin
                    Need training on attaching photos. One is easy. Multiple, as you can see above leaves a lot to be desired on my part.

Comment

• Hey Phil,

Here is how I am doing it:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2948.JPG Views:	0 Size:	270.2 KB ID:	105346
                      Forget that Camera icon on the left hand side. That is for the photo carrousel option. I thought I liked that feature but not so much now. I may have it removed. Instead look to the right hand side of that bar and click on the icon above.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2951.JPG Views:	0 Size:	490.7 KB ID:	105347
                      Then this bar will pop up on the lower left corner. Click on "upload attachments" and you'll be able to load them one at a time. However, on this system there is a 5 image limit per entry. Still looking into getting that increased.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2951e.JPG Views:	0 Size:	498.6 KB ID:	105348
                      Here is where this system is similar to the old one. When you're ready to display a photo put the curser back in the text box where you want it to show up and hit the "large" icon. You can use the others but I've found this one works the best. Its what I used here in this example. and in all my recent posts. If you're having trouble loading photos from your computer the file size maybe too large so be aware of that. Hope this helped.
                      Justin

Last edited by JTR70; 05-31-2019, 07:02 PM.
                      Justin Rio

Comment

• Thanks Justin. Hopefully when I get this all figured out I can go back and clean up some earlier posts.
                        If you review Tom Perazzo"s hood adventure you will see a picture of a hem flange tool Bruce Baker made to get the flange all the way to 90 degrees, as theEastwood tool wil open up to about just 45 degrees. I had a spare set of channel locks so made one patterned after Bruce's. Had to do some tweeking, but works great:

Name:	Decrimping tools.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	855.9 KB
ID:	105350
                        Here is the hood with hem flange opened up to 90 degrees. This is the least rusty of all of Foam Cars rust:

Name:	flange opened 90 degrees.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	834.6 KB
ID:	105351
                        Now need to drill out spot welds under hood handle and should be able to separate.

Ah, this works better Justin

Comment

• JTR70
                          JTR70 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looks like you got it dialed in now Phil. Are you skinning this hood because its been kinked at some point?

• Im skinning cause my boss/mentor of 20 years, Bruce, says thats the right way. The frame has slight kinks on both sides which I will fix, and drivers side is proud slightly.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	885.8 KB ID:	105384
                          Here is the main reason for removing the skin. Severe rust all along the bottom of the hood(trunk)

Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	836.9 KB ID:	105385 You can see the small depressions on each side of the frame just in front of the hinge mount bracket.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	858.8 KB ID:	105386
                          Skin in pretty good shape except for nose

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	841.4 KB ID:	105387
                          Depression beside bracket on both side. Ron Roland show a homemade tool in his resto book to snake between the skin and frame to get that dent out, but it wont cure the rust issue.
                          Last edited by Phil Planck; 06-01-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• JTR70
                            JTR70 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh yeah, lots of advanced rust living in there. More sound advice from Bruce.
                        Working...
                        X