No announcement yet.

Carrera book comments and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietta - Great to hear from you! Hope you're feeling well now!

best/Michael

Comment

• Andrew,

We have now responded re 0077 and a couple of other open items.

So, we are ready for the complete remaining list of discrepencies/issues as to the 550s and 550As as well as any other items you may have.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

• Hi Steve,

I am going through the list of discrepancies and doing a search in the forum to see if they have been mentioned before - this is another I have found asked previously which I believe is 550-0086, but I cannot find a response. #29680

As the last errata update was a while ago, I don't want to waste my time searching if these issues have already been addressed. Ideally I would like to see a current errata so I can cross reference to my current database

thanks Andrew

Originally posted by Type550" post=29680
        On P563 you have Turner racing 550-03 at Bakersfield in 1956. I doubt Turner raced 550-03, considering it is a customer spyder

Let me know if you want me to slow down...
        Attached Files
        Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Andrew,

We'll look at these two and respond. Then, we will await the remaining issues as one group, deal with those contained within a summary errata list.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Guys,

I am very pleased to announce that the Carrera book was voted the best motorbook of the year and will get the most important European award from the ADAC (General German Automobile Club).

We are very pleased and proud of this honor.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Congrats Steve - a very worthy award

Comment

• Many, many thanks, Andrew!

Steve

Comment

• Great to hear, not unexpected, I am re-impressed each time I use it to research something.
                  Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

• Congrats!
                    Mike
                    '63 B coupe

Comment

• Congratulations Steve on a well-deserved honor
                      Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

• Congratulations Steve! I could not be happier for you and your research team!!!!!!
                        Justin
                        Justin Rio

Comment

• Well, I never thought I would be saying this...

After extensive research, I have now concluded 550-07 was involved in a serious accident during testing and was rebodied with a spare fixed-rear body similar to 550-05. With this, 550-07 was the car used in the European races until the accident at Adagir in 1955 where the car was beyond repair. The new frame of 550-0043 was used to build a new car for Annie Bousquet with a complete new Wendler body (salvageable parts of 550-07 were retained such as the drivetrain and instruments - speedometer etc, is believed) The plate of 550-07 was welded over the plate of 550-0043 for continuance of the provenance of 550-07.

thanks Andrew

Comment

• Andrew,

I do appreciate the note, but, more I appreciate your incredibly hard work over many, many years in sorting out so very many issues and gathering and identifying photos and more for these incredible 550s and 550As.

Now is probably a good time to suggest that you list all the remaining issues/problems we have with getting races and chassis numbers as accurate as they can be.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• [quote="Steve Heinrichs" post=32917]Guys,

I am very pleased to announce that the Carrera book was voted the best motorbook of the year and will get the most important European award from the ADAC (General German Automobile Club).

We are very pleased and proud of this honor.

Steve Heinrichs[/quote

I'm late to the party but congratulations Steve.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2016-05-31-2.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	76354

The Award
                                / JOP
                                JOP

Comment

Working...
                                X