Carrera book comments and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on the issue of discrepancies on the 550/550A races-----

I looked back and think we have answered all of Andrew's questions/challenges.

Andrew, please advise what we have not answered and we will.

That said, the offer is the same as to going forward---send the remaining ones and we will respond individually as before....but no complete errata summary until we have resolved the open items.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• What was your response to 0077 at Reims?
      Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Andrew,

I am not sure what the question was. Could you please reference the post number and all the other post numbers you think unanswered? I do not want to do these one at a time and not know how many more there are.

As I said, I'm willing to clear these up and then ask you for the discrepancies you have not posted as of yet but, again, all of them...not one at a time. Please also advise, assuming you thing we are wrong, what you believe the answer to be.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• I am referring to #31989. I am on holiday at the moment so I only have phone access
          Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Give me another day or so. Vietta has been ill and I want to discuss with her. Then, we'll respond to this one.

Thanks.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Guys,

Vietta remains ill. I'm not avoiding answering the open items but
              want to wait to speak with her first.

Hopefully----mid next week we will be back at it.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Hi Steve
                Have you seen any evidence that the chassis no confusion was due to the factory using the same chassis no for multiple cars?
                j

Comment

• Steve,

The parts book might list this but do you know the first 905xx type engine fitted with the front oiler set-up instead of the side oiler set-up?

Thanks,

Joris

Comment

• Joris,

I do not know.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

• Jacques,

I do not have current access to my stuff but e really had no problems---there are regular car numbers and spares that overlap, but as to the book, little problem----we found some unsued numbers after the B S90s.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

Steve Heinrichs has reviewed the information we have for the three Werks cars at 1955 Le Mans and for 550-0077 at 1956 Rheims. We do not believe that the 1956 Rheims car is the same as any of the three 1955 Le Mans cars.

Here's the link to the two photos in question: #29805

Comment

• Hi Steve
                          what i referring too was the practice of switching vins for race cars or having duplicates this might explain the discrepancies that you are being asked to sort out since the pictures don't always seem to be of the same car or the car is in 2 places at once???
                          j

Comment

• Jacques,

Of course, I've heard for years that vin plates were swapped from time to time. That said, we have seen little of this. Or, rather, we have not discovered any---so far the issues have been resolved based upon logic and triangulation. Still, I bet you have identified part of the problem.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

Steve Heinrichs has asked me to respond to questions about the Elva-Porsche found on the Registry at this web address: Elva Porsche Question

We believe this is 70P/040 which was raced by William S. Bowman (1965-66) and by Edward I. Bowman in 1966-67 California and west coast races. We know Ed Bowman raced once with start nr. 2 at 1967 Willow Springs, but this race does not match up with the Corvettes shown in the photos.

Alternatively, Luki Botha raced the ex-Gous Elva-Porsche with start nr. 2 at 1967 Roy Hesketh--but unlikely to be this event.

Best regards,

Vietta

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

Steve Heinrichs has asked me to respond to questions about the Elva-Porsche found on the Registry at this web address: Elva Porsche Question

We believe this is 70P/050 which was raced by William S. Bowman (1965-66) and by Edward I. Bowman in 1966-67 California and west coast races. We know Ed Bowman raced once with start nr. 2 at 1967 Willow Springs, but this race does not match up with the Corvettes shown in the photos.

Alternatively, Luki Botha raced the ex-Gous Elva-Porsche with start nr. 2 at 1967 Roy Hesketh--but unlikely to be this event.

Best regards,

Vietta

Comment

Working...
                                X