Carrera book comments and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >Guys,

I am very pleased to announce that the Carrera book was voted the best motorbook of the year and will get the most important European award from the ADAC (General German Automobile Club).

We are very pleased and proud of this honor.

Steve Heinrichs

--------------------------------------------

Steve,

This significant German ADAC Carrera Book Award and recent timely research confirmation on its content speaks hand in hand to the incredible value now recognized on the efforts and information in this Book.

Congratulations once again!

Michael Doyle

Comment

• Just received word from Bill Sampson that Steve lost his battle with cancer and passed away last Sunday night. My sincerest condolences to his family for their loss. He will be missed!
      Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

• Condolences to his family and I will miss our exchange of knowledge on this site
        Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Sad news. RIP sir.

Comment

• Sad news indeed. Not a surprise, knowing as I did of what he was going through.

A gentleman and a wealth of knowledge. A caring man of strength and inspiration. He will be missed.

I bought numerous copies of his Carrera book and he would only take cancer research donations at or over the book's face value. He knew I was passing the books along to old-timer 4-cam guys who were out of the mainstream now but would really enjoy the reading... and they do.

It's now my duty to pass the sad news of Steve's passing on to them.

Rest in peace, Steve.

Bruce Baker

Comment

• I am so very saddened learning of Steve's passing. I have such great respect for this man. I will truly miss working with him - but most of all his great friendship that we shared. May God Bless him and his Family and he rests in peace.

Michael Doyle

Comment

• With regard to these cars I'm still the new kid on the block although Rosemary and I have owned our coupe for almost 15 years now. Some truly good people, unbeknownst to us came along with that car. One of the best was Steve Heinrichs.

I had heard of Steve and of his books and of an event (or two) that he put on celebrating our cars. However, I "met" him almost by accident on March 1, 2012 when both of us were on a list of people receiving an email concerning the Registry. A friendship ensued.

I consider myself lucky indeed to have been considered a friend by Steve, a great man who contributed greatly to our hobby and to many other causes. I think in particular of his devotion and service to his alma mater, Fresno State University aka California State University, Fresno. I know that the college remained dear to his heart and that it benefited greatly from him.

Steve devoted himself to our hobby and its members all of whom likewise benefited from his efforts. He sacrificed greatly, for us literally up to his untimely passing.

So Steve, and all of my dear friends, just remember, in the unforgettable words of Bluto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI :

"What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

Steve, it's not over - you'll remain in our hearts forever. Overhead sets and offshore winds and godspeed to you my friend.

MalibuBill
                Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

• I will always treasure Steve's friendship and his exemplary behavior in all his pursuits, most especially his dealings with the lot at the 356 Registry. He won his case, at great expense and during his long fight for life. He is everything that they are not. Rest in peace brother Steve. Your memory and deeds live on.
                  Your friend,
                  Joel

Comment

• My sincere condolences to his family. Despite the misrepresentation (I'm trying to be diplomatic) by the Registry, Steve won the main point of the lawsuit. It it clearly explained in the findings by the appelant court but apparently, the focus of the Registry was on the contempt claim rather than the crux of the matter.

R.I.P., Steve and thanks for your many contributions and philanthropic endeavors.

Mike
                    Mike
                    '63 B coupe

Comment

• Steve Heinrichs. May he Rest in Peace and not be forgotten among his friends. Sincerest condolences and all the very best to his family.

Michael Doyle
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	SteveHeinrichsphoto.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	79498

Comment

• Condolences to Steve's Family. Steve's contributions to our community will be greatly missed. Great Author, Great researcher, great organizer!

Please post any details of memorial or contribution suggestions.

Steve RIP friend!

Jerry Charlup
                        1957 GT/GT Carrera Speedster #83780 (GT bodied per Carrera Book) w/original motor #90896
                        1963 547/5 Spyder Factory Replacement Motor #90404
                        1973 E Targa
                        1973 S Coupe
                        2017 991.2 Targa GTS 4

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I am so grateful to see all your kind notes about Steve Heinrichs. I just loved him and will miss him. Over the last eight years as we worked together, I learned that Steve was relentless and just wanted to "get it right" when it came to Porsche cars of the 1950s and 1960s. That personality of his certainly worked for me and I tried to get it right too.

We were currently working on many new races for Abarth cars and I am still working on that project. When I know, I'll let you all know how we will proceed with Steve's database.

Best Regards,

Vietta

Comment

• Sad news. My condolences to Mr Heinrich's family and friends. I much enjoyed his interesting comments on this site, as well as the excellent Carrera book. And thank you Bill (and others) for letting us all know.
                            Take care,
                            DG

Comment

• Dear Ms Viette,

Please forward Condolences to Heinrichs family.

Steve did make BIG changes to our Porsche enviroment with his knowledge and also sharing his findings with the rest of us.
                              Also that he stirred up the other "autoclub" by challenge them on their wrong doings and got it right.

I do hope that we can hear the rest of the research that Steve has completed about Porsche.

Sincerely,

JOP/Per
                              Schweden
                              JOP

Comment

• Just got back from vacation only to find this. Very, very sorry to hear that Steve passed on. I've learned so much about 550 Spyder history through his participation with Andrew. His contributions here will be missed greatly. I can only hope that Andrew will carry on.
                                My deepest sympathies to Steve's family for their tragic loss. Rest in peace Mr. Heinrichs you won't soon be forgotten.
                                ~Vance

Comment

Working...
                                X