Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3M green rolocs are 50 grit, last a LONG time and are great to get into tight spaces. The only red or brown ones that I've use aren't really for grinding, they seem to be more for soft rust removal or finish sanding. They are thicker and furrier I don't know if they are what you're referring too, but are described as conditioning discs.

JP

Click image for larger version

Name:	41G0981TJ0L._AA160_.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	35698
    Green Corps Roloc

Name:	51s1kAsXKeL._AA160_.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	35699
    Maroon Conditioning Roloc
    jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi In South Africa it has become law that angle grinder blades have an expiry date after which they are not to be used. This date is stamped on the little metal ring in the center of the blade around the hole. There were some serious incidents were old blades disintegrated and caused harm.
      Armand

Comment

A wonderfully useful little torch no 356 shop should be without. The Meco "Midget", with lightweight hoses. This makes gas welding fun.
        DG

Name:	Meccomidget.JPG
Views:	555
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	35715

Comment

that's cool! I've always wanted one of those. what is the brand name and were can they be had.
          Jay D

Comment

Jay,
            Brand name is "Meco". Got mine from the Tinman (link below). Its under "welders". The ultra-lightweight hose is worth the money too. Wish it were offered in a little longer length. I have check valves at the torch body, and flashback protectors at the regulator.

http://www.tinmantech.com/

DG

Comment

thanks, it looks like a must have item
              Jay D

Comment

That is a nice little torch. David, is that considered a "jewelers torch"?
                Justin Rio

Comment

http://www.tptools.com/-The-Skinner-Door-Panel-Installation-Tool,7853.html

For rolling the edge on door panels. Below is a photo of it being used.

http://www.abcgt.com/media/kunena/attachments/359/Tighteningflangewithhemmingtool.JPG
                  Mic
                  1959A coupe

Comment

Here is a homemade tucking tool for use on flanges. A small set of bolt cutters from Home Depot with some grinding in the jaws to fit 3 short pieces of steel rod.

Name:	tucktool2.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	37770

Here is a tuck made with this tool:

Name:	3rdtuck.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	37771

Comment

Hand held shot bag.

Quote & photo by tperazzo -- "The secret weapon is my handheld lead shot bag. This thing is great for shrinking and it adjusts to fit in tight places"

"The bag is from none other than, Steve Hogue. Ask him if he still makes them....I bet he does. So cool that it's made with a seat belt strap and leather. $20 if I remember right. He joked with me about what size shot to fill it with. I can't remember, but he said its CRITICAL. All I know is its heavy and the shot beads are small. No. 9? Any hunters that can comment?"

Name:	6A566B36-556D-4704-8A7D-9E4670CB2DEE_zpscsadklwd1.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	39721

Name:	181E1E46-09D7-48E0-9848-567884857453_zpst8lu8ade1.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	39722
                      Mic
                      1959A coupe

Comment

Nice! Here's my other secret weapon for hard to reach areas when doing hammer and dolly work....8 year old.

Comment

Hey Tom, Spoke with Steve Hogue this morning. During which he shared that he's just recently had an order run for hand held shot-bags in the last several days. I suggest you call him and ask about your commission.
                          Justin
                          Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	IMG_05631_2014-04-02.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	40003
                            I posted this pic on Tom's resto thread even though a 'cross post' it's about tools used for specific purposes on 356s.

BTW, I got my 'jeweler's torch' at H-F for really fine welding or soldering but use my 45 year old 'aircraft' torch for most all thin-gauge work...and bigger one for cutting thick stuff. MIGs and TIG, all sorts of things that can burn ya.

I am grateful for the lead to lighter and more flexible hoses. Mine need replacement. They only last so long!

If we are here, we must be tool junkies and buy tools we may never use, just because we don't already own them! My tool vendors, Snap-on, especially, note that rarely does a tool last long as originally bought but becomes a tool they don't sell.

Comment

Thanks for the pic Bruce. I have the narrow Eastwood tool which works well if you keep the chisel edge sharp. Gotta make that left tool.

Comment

Thanks Bruce! Always interesting to see what the Pros use. The one on the right looks like it would be very handy for prying up flanges in tight corners. Like the door bottoms for instance.. Thanks again! Justin
                                Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                                X