Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2801 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2998 tools & products for restorations - ABCGT Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tools & products for restorations

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do a google search for images of non insulated connectors. Plenty there, and the special crimped.
    Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

• The best and strongest way to wire is to solder the wires then place a shrink tube over the area.
      jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

• Oring keeps swivel from flopping around

Click image for larger version

Name:	4466.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	101979

Comment

• New welder.. Just got a Everlast 210 welder. In only 6 hours since unboxing and here I am. This thing is so neat I cant believe it. After 30 years of a PowCon 300ST, and a miller 200, and the trusty Handler. I can not believe how much these things have improved.

They make a bunch of machines and had good reviews, and the price was 60% of the legacy brands. So I bought one, with my Blue Origin consulting stipend and OH MY GOSH it is cool. AC/DC, pulse, center adjust, High freq to 500HZ, 2T, 4T, lift start, and it still does spool gun and stick. 120/220 power (the 120V is less Duty cycle)

I heard about them last fall making the first multi-process machine (Stick-Mig-Tig-Plasma)all in one. I thought it was joke. But I was having trouble seeing the puddle on the miller and needed more arc control. The Powcon is also an inverter but 30 years old, DC only no waveforms. So for $1600 delivered I took the plunge.

These Everlast were designed by some silicon valley computer geeks, who wanted to weld, and they did a good job. I ran Arcs from 5 amps to 200 this morning. After using just the TIG functions today, I probably should have sprung for the full big everything all in one machine, and sell all my other welders. Its is made in CHINA but has a ton of German components inside. Well laid out, two torches and complete except for tungsten's and gas. I am still doing the happy dance. Need a new hot glue gun for metal I recommend looking at Everlast.

Name:	Everlast210.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	102348
          Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

• 24" JACK Mod. Cheap motor cycle Jack into a 356 engine installer..

Bob took a Motorcycle Jack and extended it 9 inches and made a larger pad with tilt adjust to remove aircooled engines.. My good old 2 ton floor Jack always worked but, I always wanted more lift. It has a wider stance and foot pump so I can look at the main shaft and clutch as I lift. So new welder needs some run time and presto Jack mod.

Name:	image_2018-07-20.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	102584

Extended the base and arms by 9" for the lift, Larger engine pad that tilts to match the transmission.

Name:	image_2018-07-20-5.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	102588

Name:	image_2018-07-20-6.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	102589
            Low slung to clear the bumper,

Name:	image_2018-07-20-2.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	102585

Adjusting table tilt knob from 3/8 plate for older fingers to grab

Name:	image_2018-07-20-3.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	102586

24" lift. Foot pump, 4 swivel casters and very stable. Hazard and fraud sells a similar Jack, easy mod and works very well, go get one

Name:	image_2018-07-20-4.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	102587

9/8/18 design update..... Extend the Jack by 13" not the 9 as we did. It works great for in and out of the car. But does not raise quite high enough to plug into the engine stand. 2 more inches would be fine but 4" more is probably better . Also we cut out the table center a little bigger than the oil sump cover, so the engine sits on the table flat and the sump extends through the hole.

Name:	image_2018-09-12.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	102590
            And fits the run in bench

Name:	image_2018-09-12-2.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	102591

Will raise the engine into the car with it as high as the Jack stands will raise the car. We have 5" of clearence under the body to slide the fan. The tilt table allows you to pitch down to clear the heater tube and generator nut. The four swivel casters allow the engine make it easy to center. We installed this one with the carbs on. Had to remove the muffler because of the #3&4 header pipe clearence with the body. But the engine went in easier than it came out.

Name:	image_2018-09-14.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	102592

You can pump with your foot, hold onto the shroud and pitch the table with out moving. It's sits flat in the table so no rocking. The up/down valve is also foot operated. And the hight locks with the direction valve lever full down. So you can press all the way down on the up/down lever and it hold the hight, let you foot up a little and it creeps down very slowly. Same with lifting, you can press on the pump pedal and raise it slowly and push in engine in and it comes up. You can stop adjust the table angle to match the trans and the engine slides back in. This was the easiest install I have done in 40 years. The engine was tuned up on the test stand, it went back in adjusted and ready to run.

Comment

• Very neat!

Comment

• hazard and fraud, that's a good one. I call them horrible freight. nice job on the jack
                Jay D.

Comment

• Everyone's familiar with these stretcher/shrinker jaws I'm sure.

Name:	IMG_0326.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	102607
                  Me included, but a buddy loaned me his to make some compound shaped flanges for my Toyota build. I never used them before but man I can't see being without them now.

Name:	IMG_0339.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	102608
                  They work like magic!

Name:	IMG_0322.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	102609
                  Clear shot of the manufacture for anyone interested.
                  Justin Rio

Comment

• Thoes and a good bead roller you can make almost anything. When you get yours get the foot power stand, using the handle works but a foot pedal is much easier. We made a removable mount to attach it to the side of a HF English Wheel.

If you have not watched Lazze it's worth the time
                    https://youtu.be/a7Jt0PvMrZg

Comment

• Williams makes good stuff. I got the hazard and fraud version which have been ok so far.

Comment

• I prefer this type

Name:	kf.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	102644
                        www.breuer.shop

Comment

• Wow Gerd,

That are two BIG boys you got there to form metal!
                          You need the space to have the Eckolds.... I just have the Pullmax.

You sure have a nice stach of werkzueg
                          I muss drop by your place IF I ever drive by your location
                          Thx
                          JOP

Comment

• Hi JOP,
                            thanks!
                            Well, those "Boys" help a lot, indeed.
                            Shrinking and stretching up to 6mm...
                            And very universal with the different tools.
                            I was very lucky to find them.

But the pullmax is also a very strong machine!
                            I think you use it very often, right?
                            You're always welcome for a visit!

Gerd
                            www.breuer.shop

Comment

• Repost the fireball squares.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	103798 Aluminum or cast iron.

Name:	
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	103799 They are really cool, the tabs allow you to hold things in two planes at once. The corner are open so you can weld, vise grips go through the slots.

Name:	
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	103800 Very well made and accurately in 8" & 12".

Comment

• Hello all,

I am posting a process that may help some with plugging rust holes. The video tells it all, but basically Streetneat on Youtube drills a hole with a step drill, welds a stud from a stud welder on a square piece of 20 guage, or semi rounded with cutters, then runs a drill against a belt sander to make the circular patch the same size as the step drill hole.

Here is the link to the video:

A quick tech video on one of my patch making techniques I came up with and have perfected. I hope you find it useful.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X