Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUDOS GORDON!
    What more can I say!
    When you see EXCELLENCE it is in your car and workmanship!
    Last week I had a e-mail from a long time friend with links to the Woodward Ave Dream Cruise in Detroit.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Your 356 needs to be there!
    Dick

Comment

• I want to thank every one for their kind words and say I would not have made it
      without your input to all my problems that came up during the restoration.
      This is such a great site for getting things done.

Thanks again, Gordon

Comment

• Thanks again Gordon! Be sure to keep us updated with photos on your many travels and adventures in it!
        Justin Rio

Comment

• 5 years in 13 min. makes it look easy.
          Hope this works. Gordon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT5QZoit2DA

Comment

• EXCELLENT GORDON!
            I'm a newbie in You Tubing!
            This is also a great job to compliment you beautiful coupe!
            Dick

Comment

• That is a great video. Thanks Gordon.

Phil

Comment

• Fantastic, Gordon! Really gives me incentive to keep on plugging along.
                jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

• Wow, what an accomplishment! Its so impressive that you did everything yourself to such a high standard. I think a Jack of all trades is rare and this forum is very fortunate to have you and your project here.

Enjoy the car, and may it bring miles of smiles.

I know your posts have been short and sweet, but I'm curious to know more.
                  Q: What was the most challenging restoration task for you?

Q: What did you enjoy the most, except for driving it away.

Q: How many 356 or similar cars have you done prior?

Q: Any lessons learned that aren't in the typical books that we all have.

Just curious Gordon because I certainly envy your work and your car. Hopefully this doesn't put you on the spot. Once again, thanks for posting your experience and video.
                  Cheers,
                  Tom

Comment

• Wow X2. Gordon, I live it. I am so impressed that you were in almost every pic, that says it all right there. In addition to Tom's questions, I have a couple.

1. Did you use drop spindles? Your car looks nice and low and I thought I saw some new looking spindles in the video.

2. Are those wheels original Rudge or the ones from Chris Coddington?

3. What was the insulation you used on the inside and where did you buy it?

I'm sure there are others, but thanks for now. Mark
                    Mark Erbesfield
                    57 356A
                    65 911
                    68 912
                    73 911S
                    66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
                    79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

• Great job on the car! I love the video, made me late to start work this morning because I watched it all. I hope you use the car a lot now that it is done. That is what they are for.
                      Mic
                      1959A coupe

Comment

• Thanks for posting that Gordon, fantastic job! Now ENJOY IT!

Comment

• Gordon,

Well done, super 'youtube' super car !

Enjoy

Roy

Comment

• Thank everyone for the kind words.

The most frustrating parts is the fact my skill level is declining
                            with my age. Hands aren't as steady, can't see as well and so on.

I think I enjoyed the Upholstery the most.

This is my first 356. It was more of a challenge than I originally
                            expected. Have restored other cars in the past.

The best lesson is if you are not happy with what you just did don"t be afraid to do it again. You are the only one that counts when it comes to judging your car.

Yes I used dropped spindles.

Early Coddingtons wheels

The soundproofing was something that had a close texture to the what
                            original was and I picked it up at Roofing supply Co.

Thanks again
                            Gordon

Comment

• Great Video Gordon, a lot of progress shots I hadn't seen before. As I said before I am amazed at your ability to practically do it all yourself; Steelwork, paint and bodywork, upholstery, motor work. What's more impressive than that is the level at which it was all completed! It looks so sweet going up and down the road! What are you building next for an encore? Congratulations once again on a job well done Sir! Justin
                              Justin Rio

Comment

• Happy Holidays from Gordon & Cheryl

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030606.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	53696

Comment

Working...
                                X