No announcement yet.

The X---- Porsche cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winning team was the Belgium team Olivier Gendebien/Stasse with a 300 SL Gull wings
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CSLRL55Vainqueur.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	64800

Name:	CSLRL55winningteam.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	64801
    Claude Storez/Gacon road book

Name:	CSLRL55Carnetroute.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	64802

Name:	CSLRL55StorezGacon.JPG
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	64803

Comment

• This is the best thread on the Internet.
      Registry Number: Who Cares??

Comment

• Thanks Tom
        I am very happy that some of you appreciate my "prose"

Comment

• To day the end of the 1955 Year
          After a very busy first 6 months, the end of the year was quieter for Claude Storez
          Indeed as a consequence of the terrible Le Mans accident, all car races were forbiden in France until the end of the 1955 year
          Even the Tour auto had to be cancell and from 1951 to 1966, 1955 will remain the only year where the Tour Auto was not raced
          On September 18th Claude Storez and the DB team were in England to race the Tourist Trophy

Name:	CS55TT.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	64843

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CSTT55Armagnaclaureau.JPG
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	64847

Comment

• 17th overall just behind 550-017 driven by Richard von Frankenberg/Herbert Linge
              The race was dominated by Sir Stirling Moss with the Mercedes race number 10 who defeat severl Ferrari's Aston Martin and Jaguar type D
              Porsche KG were also there with 4 550 spyders
              The best result was for 550-015 car race number 28 who finish 9th overall and first in class 1.5 L and also first at the indice de performance

Name:	TT55Moss.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	64849

Name:	TT55depart.JPG
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	64850

Name:	CSTT55posterporsche.JPG
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	64851

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CSTT55posterporsche_2015-07-31.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	64853

Looking back at what I had just post the Porsche poster above question me
                Indeed 4 550 were entered by Porsche at the 1955 Tourist Trophy
                They had race number 28-29-30 and 31
                Never race number 37 who was at that race on a Kieft who finish 26th
                Then I had the names Glockler Seidel for the 2nd 550 and Richard Von Frankenberg/Herbert Linge for the 3rd 550
                Car race number was DNF
                Looking back to the final results I did realise that 550_015 race number 28 was in fact entered in the race by Hushcke Von Hanstein (not by Porsche KG as the 3 others) but driven for that race by the US team Masten Gregory/Caroll Shelby yes the guy who shorthly after was at the origin of the AC Cobra
                Hushcke Von Hanstein attended the race but never drove

Comment

• Since 1898 up to 1988 the "Salon de l'Auto" was held every year in Paris the 2 first weeks of October
                  In 1988 faced to increasing costs it was decided that the salon de l'auto will change its name into the "Mondial de l'Auto" and will only be held the even years in alternance with Franckfurt in Germany
                  1955 Salon de l'Auto was most important for several reasons :
                  First Citroen was presenting their revolutionnary DS19 for the first time

Name:	Salon55.JPG
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	64855

Name:	Salon551.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	64856

Name:	salon552.JPG
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	64857

Comment

• Yes, love this thread! Thanks for all your efforts Porschinelle. Since you were mentioning Zagato a few pages back I wanted to post these pictures in here. I believe the Registry did an article on the Zagato Porsche 356 a few years back as well.

Name:	Porsche-356-Carrera-Zagato-Speedster-1-copy-1200x520.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	64859

Name:	storez-start-570.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	64860
                    trevorcgates@gmail.com
                    Engine # P66909... are you out there
                    Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

• Porsche were exhibiting their bright new 356 A and for the first time the sport version 1500 Carrera with the 100 HP Fuhrmann engine 547

Name:	356A_2015-07-31.JPG
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	64862Click image for larger version

Name:	Robertbuchetfuhrmann.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	64863

Comment

• Thanks Trevor

You go too fast !

Claude Storez had the idea of its Zagato Porsche in 1958, we are only at the start of the 1956 season
                        When I will reach August 1958 you will start to know eveything on this car

Comment

• Hi all those who have been surprised that I stop posting these last few days
                          Indeed my computer had to face a strong virus attack wich has resulted by my pictures collection being irremediably lost including of course all those I collected to finish Claude Storez life
                          It will take me somme time and a lot of work to try to rebuild something
                          Hope to be back soon

Comment

• Hey Gerard, That's terrible news. I hope that it was just photos and that they didn't get too far into your personal business. Thanks for the update and we'll look forward to another installment when you're ready!
                            Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

• That Sucks!! I await your return...

Comment

• Back with Claude Storez
                                We are in 1956, as you will see thereafter Claude had a terrific year for somebody who was not a professionnal pilot
                                Claude has decided to stop working with Deutsch Bonnet to concentrate on Porsche
                                He will split his time between rallyes with various 356 Carrera with his new friend Marcel Buchet and Sport cars races with Auguste Veuillet 550
                                February 12th 1956 : The Routes du Nord first competition with Marcel Buchet
                                For the occasion the new 356 A Carrera is not ready and they drive a 356 Pre A which I presume was lended by Maurice Gacon, the Lyon Porsche dealer friend of Auguste Veuillet

Name:	CSroutesduN56.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	65069

Name:	CSRoutesduN561.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	65070

First race first victory

Comment