No announcement yet.

Right Hand Drive 356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom is correct. I used Bosch plugs in the '60s and '70s but they don't seems the same now so I use the BP6HS NGK plugs due to a more forgiving heat range for your average 356 engine and less expensive than Bosch.

The threaded part is still 1/2" but the electrode of the NGK intrudes a bit further than the Bosch plugs but I have yet to have a 'street' 356 engine have an interference problem. Racing with high compression heads, yes, and you know that instantly when a plug closes when kissed by the piston under 'stretch' and that cylinder goes dead. There are racing plugs with recessed electrodes for those extreme situations.

If you are worried about clearance on any spark plug, a kit of "indexing washers" can be had from an auto supply and be used as shims rather than their intended purpose of getting a racing spark plug aligned for best spark propagation for the best burning of the air/fuel mixture when it explodes, again, in racing. Beyond clearance and burn pattern, if the change in c.c. matters when altered by the depth of a spark plug..... then you are indeed a serious racer!

-Bruce

Comment

• Hi everyone, I have been away for a long time as I have been busy with a new job, moving to a new country and what not. In the mean time, she now runs an electric fuel pump, has trumpets and a few other small discreet mods.

Ive just come back to driving the 356.My dad has been using her while I have been away and there are small issues (shes 60 afterall!).

Given the car is in Malaysia, and the weather is not great for older cars, more rust spots have been forming and it is time for a repaint(single coat and fix some rust up. Should I change all my rubber while I am at it. Where do i get a whole rubber kit for the car. She leaks at times when she rains!

Also my cars wiring is pretty shocking, where should one get a good wiring harness and full set for the car. I am also looking for headrest rolls and pictures of how the 356 in 1956 looked like inside with blue leatherette.(Google is not being the best friend here)

My dad has been toying with the idea fo air conditioning, and also disc brakes. I knew we wanted to keep it as original as possible, but the harsh reality is, the weather at 39C with the humidity is impossible, and Malaysian drivers have a knack for braking right infront of you!!!

I was looking for advice on all these. I am sorry for the countless number of questions.In summary,
      1.)Whole Set of Rubbers for the car
      2.)Wiring harness
      3.)Pictures of how a 1956 356 A looked like with blue interior.
      4.)Disc brakes and airconditioning
      5.)Tips on how to hide the electric fuel pump

Thank you everyone.You can reach me on whatsapp in +60127909855.Have a great day ahead!

Muru

Comment

• Hey Muru,

Due to the humid climate of yours the existing rust in all the pinch seams will continue to grow. You could slow its progression by shooting oil into these areas on regular intervals otherwise all you can do is react to it and repair the specific areas where the bubbles appear.
        A stock 64-65 356C disc brake retrofit would be an easy bolt-on conversion. I think a complete set with axle tubes runs around 7K these days. As for air conditioning contact Mark at www.porsche356west.com
        He's been installing his own kits for about 20 years now.
        Justin Rio

Comment

• The link is missing a hyphen to make it work:

http://www.356porsche-west.com
          jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
          X