Right Hand Drive 356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy thanks for the advice.

I am,well someone who wants everything to be perfect. I guess with the 356. There's always something to do.

Will fix the windscreen with silicone first. And do other stuff such as changing gearbox bushings what not. My current windscreen is also, what I suspext to be a repro. It does not have the sekurit logo on it. (I hope I am not wrong). Well an old car can never be new but the scratches on the windscreens and rear quarter windows do irk me out

Comment

• Originally posted by Murugesh Nidyananda" post=25080
      Just wondering what are these 2 holes for? These are on the passenger door.
      Murugesh, Those holes were probably for this aftermarket vent window wing which was offered back in the day.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaaaRETRO26.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	56384
      Photo courtesy of Gerard.

Helpful advice Roy!
      Justin Rio

Comment

• Any idea where I can find this Justin. Tried looking at stoddard but to no avail.

Comment

• I know someone was reproducing them but I can't remember where I saw them. I'll ask around. Are you sure you want to run these? You have to re-drill the holes in the door skin for the base.
          Justin Rio

Comment

• Oh then I might just skip it. Do not like the idea of redrilling.

Justin, where would one get a good repro tool kit for a A T1? And headrest rolls with the brackets?

Cheers!

Comment

• Hi,
              I would try Karmann Konnection UK, Ritchie has done alot of reproduce stuff that we need for our 356, VW etc. They are just in progress of updating/changing their website so try again later until you can access all the good stuff
              / Per
              JOP

Comment

• John Copela in sonoma ca makes a after market set that requires no drilling, they quiet the cabin noise down a lot.Steven.

Comment

• tried looking for him online but to no avail! Do you have a contact? Cheers Qtip!

Comment

• Thanks for the tip. Will order these non-essential stuff next. The toolkit and the headrest rolls come up to 800 plus pounds! Pricey...

Comment

• J copello sonoma ca e mail iartistvw@hotmail.com Steven.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me where i can get some interesting Grillebadges?

Comment

• Hello Murugesh,

One way is to seek via 356 clubs to obtain some badges or look at ebay....
                          http://stores.ebay.com/AUTOMOBILIA-COLLECTIBLES-GERMANY/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=41054486&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=2

Or if you attend any BIG 356 meeting there might be a vendor selling some
                          Good hunting
                          /Per
                          JOP

Comment

• Try here:
                            https://porsche356registry.org/classifieds/1637

Comment

• I was told that these are the plugs to use for the car, NGK BR7HS plugs.

Somehow, they are really hard to find in Malaysia and ive been told to use these plugs. bosch platinum. These are the plugs, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Bosch-Spark-Plug-for-Renault-Seat-VW-0242229676-/400753461809

Any comments guys? Is this the right plugs for an A engine in S spec?

Thanks!!

Comment

• I have used both the Bosch Platnium and the NGK you list. I find the Bosch is a bit cold. I use the NGK as it gives a little better performance.
                                One thing to note: if the NGK has a "P" in the number, it is an extended plug, and may contact the piston. Some engines can use it, others can't, it all depends on the setup of the engine.

Tom
                                Registry Number: Who Cares??

Comment

Working...
                                X