Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Hand Drive 356

Guys,

A fellow made an inquiry on the Registry site a couple of days ago as to whether a certain car was a RHD.

Although he received a number of ideas and suggestions including a detailed response as to the car----he did not get an answer.

The answer is: Yes, it was originally an RHD.

The production records have a little remarks section and RHD cars werenoted as "RL" (for Rechtslinker). This notation is on the record for this car.

I hope this helps him and that someone here will let him know.

Steve Heinrichs

Steve, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide this information; for free no less!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

it is Rechtslenker

Comment

"Lenken" is to steer, "lenker" is handlebars, "lenkung" is steering, aber danke sehr Steve for the effort to inform, whether your spelling came directly from a production record or not.

Comment

Hi guys.

I misspelled the word.

Still, the production records note these cars as "RL".

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Hi Steve thanks for the info.

I just purchased another 356A,with Vin 57415. It is Hamiltons delivered so has to be a RHD.Do you have any details on this car?

Thank you

Comment

Hello Murugesh,

Thank you for joining us and welcome to our forum! I'm sure Steve will have some great info about your new car when he gets a chance. We'd be very interested in seeing any photos and details about your 356 once you take delivery. Thanks and Welcome once again! Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

57415 finished production 12 September 1956. Motor 62835 and trans 11227. Indeed, it is noted as a "RL".

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Thanks Steve. Any other details such as options.

JTR thanks for the welcome.Attached some pics. Hoping to learn from here.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2014-03-08-2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	38190

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2014-03-08-3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	38191

Comment

Hi.

Don't know about options as only radio data shown on production records. I do not have kardex.

Best,

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Interesting that you have 57415. I've just purchased 57413. It was also completed 12th September 1956.

Comment

Hi Paul,
                        Thanks for joining us and Welcome! The sister car to Murugesh's RHD coupe; very nice! Looks like the body is pretty straight. If you get a moment please introduce yourself in the welcome mat section and tells us a little about you and your car(s). Welcome once again! Justin
                        Justin Rio

Comment

Congrats mate.

Steve would you be able to find out more details of my car. I had a car with blue leather. Wondering what carpets the car came with.

Thanks. Are you guys on Facebook?

Comment

Hi,

I am confused and more so given your posts on the R Forum.

I no longer understand which car you own and it seems that the other R Forum advice you received solved all the issues.

Anyway, while I am happy to help, I am very confused.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Sorry for the confusion

I purchased 57415 which is a 56 A in aquamarine blue with black leather. The red car 103774 was not to my liking and owner wasn't willing for a ppi to be undertaken.

As such I currently know that my car is an original RHD delivered to Hamiltons with blue leather. I am wondering what color carpets would have gone with this color combination. I have oatmeal coloured carpets currently on the car.

Thanks Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X