A Milestone Reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Milestone Reached

This week, May 29th to be exact marks the 1 year anniversary of the official "soft launch" date of this website. (Soft launch meaning it was up and running to add content but was not publically promoted as being in existence yet.) It has been quite the time consumer to keep it fresh and alive on a daily basis especially the first several months when it was just me and a handful of guys who were probably more curious than anything to see if it was going to live or become another "ghost site". Its been all up hill which I was warned about by my web designer and Brian O'kelly at the very beginning. Its been a true labor of love due to my passion for the 356 and the encouragement of a few great guys which has really kept things going. I wanted to take this time and say thank you to all of you guys who have joined, posted or who have just come by to lurk on a regular basis. I am so honored and pleased that you find this place interesting enough to visit on return basis. I especially want to thank the guys who post here sharing thier builds, great stories , knowledge and photos!!! It is so nice to have someone else posting other than me. The activity level is ever so slowly rising which I am very thankful to all of you for. I'll continue with my level of commitment to help ensure that is stays fresh and hopefully by this time next year we'll see an improvement from this one. The mission remains a free and open casual atmosphere to visit, talk Porsche or whatever else is on your mind; just an additional 356 venue to view after you've visited the Samba,the registry or other related sites. Thank you all very much once again!

Best Regards,
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Justin, I discovered your website accidentally a few weeks ago and would like to thank you for maintaining an open venue where everyone is equal. My Dad told me years ago that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how asinine it may be. I am not directing that toward anyone, I'm just saying. I have been a Registry member for a long time [#283] and will continue to be a member for the friends and resources I enjoy. Another club says "It's not just the cars, it's the people. Being an old hot rodder, I like the direction of abcGT. Keep up the good work. Erik Hoseid

Comment

Erik, Thank you for the great feedback! It lets me know the site is still on track. It's a real pleasure to have you aboard and I am so glad you stumbled onto this site! Welcome once again!
      Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Happy 1st year!! Glad to be a part of it and to see it grow.
        60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Thank you Brock! Glad to have you here!
          Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Happy 1st birthday. Great site. Keep posting those old photos. There must be so many great old photos hidden for years! Best wishes for Year 2! JG

Comment

Justin,

Your forum deserves to succeed and grow year by year. You effort is without doubt considerable and like cars I believe if a person puts in great effort ( like you do ) then it all turns out well in the end. Not many guys could do this of course and I think many of us really wonder how many hours sleep you get every night

It makes my day to look on here and see what's going on and just read comments about our cars. In doing that, especially on bodywork like you have attemped, I have learned a lot. Pity your forum wasn't around 35 years ago when I first did some real work on mine I might then, have been have been more patient to get it perfect on preparation Some of the other bodywork posted here is also very nice to look at as well

Thanks a bunch

Roy

Comment

Congratulations Justin, Happy Birthday and may you have many more.
                Best to you,
                Joel

Comment

Hey. Happy "birthday" Justin. Many thanks are due you for putting this together and furnishing all 356 enthusiasts this forum.

And many more.
                  Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Mr.Rio:

Add mine to the chorus of voices of those who enjoy your fine site and who appreciate the results of the time and effort you have expended in what is obviously a labor of love.

And a special thanks for your commitment to the highest ideals of communication of all kinds. You set a very good example for others.

Happy Anniversary!
                    ----------
                    Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

John(JG)Thank you again for posting all those incredible vintage photos of yours! Many of your finds still blow me away! Your efforts keep this place interesting! Thanks Mate!

Roy, you are one of the first handful of guys to be part of this Forum. I have not nor will I ever forget that! Thank you so much for being here and for your patients while you were having tech. trouble. So glad you did not quit. Always nice to hear that my ramblings are of some use on the build posts. Thank you!

Thank you Joel, Bill and S.J.! It is my pleasure to have you guys here! You make for very interesting reading, the hit count on your threads are a testiment to that. The open and honest exchange of your ideas is healthy wheather you guys ever agree or not. Just know that this will always be a venue where you can voice an opinion.

My thanks again to all of you! Like I have said before without great people like yourselves this site is nowhere!
                      Best Regards,
                      Justin
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Felicidades amigo!

Comment

Justin,

A belated congratulations to you regarding the site. You are making great progress. I hope new people continue to find their way here and feel free to ask questions. There are lots of folks here with much experience and who wish to pass knowledge along.

Best,

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Steve, Thank you very much Sir! Your contributions have helped to make this site a more interesting place to visit. It gives me hope that this year will be better than last year. I greatly appreciate your participation! Thank you once again!
                            best Regards,
                            Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Justin,

Congrats on the great site. I have been following it for some time. Love the content! Hope to contribute where I can.

best,

Joris

Comment

Working...
                              X