No announcement yet.

A Milestone Reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More congrats to you Justin. Amazing the amount of time you have put in to make this such an enjoyable site. There is stuff here I never see any place else! Thanks.
    Craig
    Craig Richter

Comment

Joris, thank you! I am so happy to have you aboard and really looking forward to your participation.

Thank you Craig! It has been a huge undertaking in time but a labor of love for sure. Its so great to hear that you are enjoying what the site has to offer so far. It is all due to some really great guys willing to share thier time, info and pictures. Great people is what its really all about. Again, my thanks to the both of you!!
      best Regards,Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Congratulations!
        This is a great site for builds/restorations ,tech/how to and much more. Here you can build your car the way you want... from stock restoration to highly modified. I still have plenty to learn about these cars and reading through the forums have helped a lot. Once I get started on my project I will be sure to share.
        Thanks again Justin!

Frank

Comment

Hey Thanks Frank! I have enjoyed your photos and posts so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with your coupe. Your Volks-rod is probably a good indication of what's to come; can't wait. Thanks again! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Well, time marches on and today marks year number two for our little meet up place. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank each and everyone of you who stop by this site on a regular basis. I especially want to extend my gratitude and humble appreciation to a very generous, knowledgeable and extremely talented group of guys who post here. You're the ones that keep it interesting and educational and I am so honored to have you all here! If there is anything I or this site can do for you in return for your efforts please don't hesitate to ask! Looking forward to year 3! Thank you all very much once again!
            Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

Justin:

It is you to whom we owe thanks for your stewardship of this site and your healthy attitude toward your fellow 356 (and other) owners. Happy Anniversary

Bill
              Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Thank you Bill and thanks again for taking part here! Your posts are especially fun and entertaining!
                Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, Thank you for all the effort that you have put in this site.
                  I always get an answer to my questions. I am lucky to be working on a T-1 with
                  you looking over my shoulder. Thanks again, Gordon

Comment

Mr.Rio:

Allow me to add my congratulations and offer my best wishes for the year ahead.

But face it; you run a great site that has succeeded on its own merits with the help of a strong and good will, which will, I have no doubt, continue to serve going forward.

Nice work, Sir, and thanks again for running the kind of joint that welcomes the odd looney or two like myself.

Good on ya.
                    ----------
                    Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

Justin,

I think you get the idea from what everyone above has said about abcgt. In my opinion its the best site in the world for anyone who is mad enough to start a restoration on a 356 that 30 years ago would have been crushed for scrap. The work carried out and the explanation on how to it is invaluable. The mistakes you can make trying to repair, can frustrate years after when if only, this site of yours had existed then.

If all the tips, all the experience, all the photo's were in a book it would be a massive tome but, would be like a 356 Bible

You deserve a medal from Porsche for your effort in helping people to overcome their efforts in rust control years ago.

Thank you again and all the those that contribute to make my days of retirement so interesting

Roy

Comment

Thanks Gordon, So glad to hear that its been helpful hanging around here. Its been really fun watching that coupe project of yours transform; you can certainly do it all!

Thank you SJ! That is nice confirmation that this site remains on track. Its been my pleasure to have you guys here!

You said it Roy, we are so fortunate to have guys willing to share their experiences! You have been a great help along the way too so a big thanks for all that you do here as well!
                        Justin
                        Justin Rio

Comment

Congratulations on 2 years! A big thank you Justin for providing a really cool site, and thank you to all who support it & post really neat stuff.

Not to forget the original logo. You know the one that got away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche356abcgtlogo.png
Views:	28
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	43265
                          Mic
                          1959A coupe

Comment

Mic, Thanks for spreading the good word and for taking part here! Its guys like you that keep the wheels turning; Grateful to you all!

Yeah, that was nice logo but working on a comparable replacement.
                            Thanks once again Mic!

Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

Congratulations Justin. Thanks again for what you've accomplished. May you and this site see many more anniversaries.
                              Best regards,
                              Joel

Comment

Justin,
                                May I say that the success of your site has also been due to a more comfortable growth in terms of the 'feel' it has. I sense a feeling of being all together (even though you have been the real workhorse, spending your own money...which speaks volumes!) and there is a feeling of equality, regardless of time-in-grade. (A military term meaning you get promoted for hangin' around and not getting in too much trouble.)
                                My only regret is that I cannot spend as much time reading and learning as I'd like to. I hate to admit that there are some threads here I have not read yet. I also feel I often use too many words, but I AM seeking therapy......
                                You have been a consummate gentleman and gracious host. May it all continue to get better......for a long, long time.

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X