No announcement yet.

A Milestone Reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you SJ and thanks for being part of it!

Absolutely Mic,

No worries! It looked good up there but as you guessed it was getting time to freshen things up a little. Its nice knowing how much you enjoy this site, thank you for that!

You will return:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00107640x425.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	79071
    I've always liked this shot so I'll throw it in the next rotation.
    Which reminds me: From now on I'd like to keep the home page rotation strictly of members cars. So if any of you guys have a nice picture of your baby that will fit the format cleanly I'd love it if you'd send them to me. That would include: running/restored(of course), Hotrod 356, projects, vintage pics of you and a Porsche long gone maybe, and also the replicas.

My sincerest thanks to ALL of you guys once again!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Another site participant saying "Thanks". This site is fun, and has some real experts who contribute a lot of keyboarding time in order to share their years of experience and knowledge.

Phil Planck

Comment

I appreciate that Phil, thank you! I'm also very thankful to our resident experts Jack Staggs and Bruce Baker for sharing their knowledge with us dedicated hobbyists.
        Justin Rio

Comment

I continue to thank Justin for his perseverance with his site!

I keep saying.....I learn something myself every day if I am lucky, Porsche-related or Life in general. All we do on this site is share info about something we really care about for some strange reasons...old Porsches. Or Tribute cars or just neat old cars or nostalgia and history. As is said nowadays; "It's all good."

I hope Jack will agree with me, but I feel I am the beneficiary of the old uniformed service advancement in rank by way of "time in grade."

That means to me that I have done nothing very special or heroic, I've just been hanging around old Porsches a long time with others who really like them/know them and tried to soak up more and more information as time went by and share that as I can.

I was active on the old Registry Talk List and had to cut back when I began to take too much time away from business. I then began to focus on things posted that were perhaps incorrect or dangerous so as to hopefully help avoid something serious. Brakes, steering and things like that, as done here. This was primarily after the Pat Tobin and Harry Pellow (and others) postings died off....and lesser experienced enthusiasts tried to fill that void concerning solid information.

That all said, I wish I could devote more time to this fun and inspiring site. There is so much here that I cannot even digest it all now and it's still growing. I don't like to have to pick and choose.

Still, it's an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence with Jack or be mentioned at all. I'm just another 356 junky who caught "the disease for which the only cure is remission" at an early age and learned to work on them because I couldn't afford to pay anyone who knew more than I did...as simple as that.

Bruce Baker

Comment

I'm always late to the party! Congratulations Justin on another great year! As one of the original enthusiast to sign on to this great site I've truly enjoyed it.

We're extremely fortunate to have such great pool of expert contributors on this site. I'd also like to thank them for another great year!

Alex Mestas

Comment

Thanks again for all Bruce! We are all grateful for the time that you can spare here answering all of our questions.

Hey Alex, Thank you! Right, you were one of the first handful of guys to sign up at the very beginning. I'd say you were early to the party.
              My sincerest thanks again to all of you guys for joining, participating and making this site such a great place to visit!
              Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, so we reached the "ZIEL" again
                Thank you for all things the last 12 months.
                Greit to see your progress of your various projects that keeps you bizzi.
                / Per

Name:	IMG_1259.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	88856

Name:	IMG_0253.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	88857
                JOP

Comment

Yes, Justin - this site is still a winner...

thanks for another year!

Name:	Porto1955copy.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	88859
                  Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

Indeed - THANKS Justin. The existence of this site is a great benefit to the 356 world.
                    Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Can't believe another year, A lot of good work by many to enjoy following!

Best site around!

Roy

Comment

Justin--I love this site--such a great place! Congrats on 5 years!

Comment

Thank you so much guys and sorry for the late response. My whole world has been upside down these past weeks moving out of one shop and getting some old 911's prepped for new homes; I've barely had time to see if this site was even still up. Per, thank you for remembering again as this time I would have and DID space this 5 year anniversary completely. 5 Years already? Funny how time flies. My sincerest thanks and gratitude to each and everyone who participates here, If it weren't for great people like yourselves this site would have been lond dead.
                          Thank you for making it such a nice place to visit! Here's looking forward to another great year with great friends!
                          Justin
                          Justin Rio

Comment

Justin,
                            As yourself I have been busy for the past few months. Congrats on another year of the best P Car site on the Planet. Shoot me your snail mail when you can.
                            All the best,
                            Joel

Name:	IMG_0816petxst.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	88972

Comment

Justin,
                              So another year past by again......
                              Alot of intressting topics and tips that has been shared

Hapi Birthday abcGT
                              Thank you Justin

Name:	257A9B81-D163-4439-87EE-BDBAE307F68E.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	101236
                              JOP

Comment

WOW. Congrats Justin. I look at this site every day even though I sold 130047 over a year ago. Of course I LOVE the hot rods on American Graffiti but it's a nice way to stay in touch with the many good people who love the 356.

Thanks for making this site available to all of us. Even we "inimical" ones.
                                Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X