X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief Book update

Guys and Gals,

Here's the latest:

We now expect to print in September for distribution late October.

There will be a limited edition as now agreed. I am not certain yet as to either pricing or how many there will be.

The limited edition will be numbered and will contain Dr. Fuhrmann's doctoral thesis that discusses the kind of motor that became the 4-cam.

I will be reaching out to people who earlier expressed an interest in a limited edition.

Steve Heinrichs

Thanks Steve! Please reserve my copy!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

I should have noted the title:

PORSCHE 4-CAM MOTOR AND THE EARLY YEARS OF PORSCHE RACING

From 356 and 550 Spyder to the 904

The Motors, the Cars, the Pilots and the Results for

Race Cars Built from 1953-1965

/Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Steve,

Any updates on the book?

Thanks,
        JK

Comment

Joris,

Timely question, especially in light of it being (by my count) about eight months already passed when I hoped it would be out.

I now expect by end of January.

We are currently working with design proofs which have been coming to us slowly. Much of this, I beleive, is because the 50 Years of 911 book was, naturally, prioritized ahead and that book has been slow in finishing.

Our book is fully written but the design, etc. has been difficult as there is so much data. While we await more pieces to review, we continue to update the comprehensive race list part. At the moment, we are over 7,900 planned appearances (having removed a few where a "special" was determined to not have a race car chassis base or 4-cam motor) and believe we have identified now all but about 300, at least tentatively, as to chassis number---we are approaching 97%.

So---think Valentine's Day for your sweetheart. I'm sure, like a toaster, she'll be thrilled.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

All,

Good time for an update----

While work remains, as of yesterday, we have the proofs of the entire book except for some misc. pages in the front typical of all books. But---it is fully designed and layed out.

Corrections are expected to be finished by mid-January. I now guess it prints in February.

The book is about 820 pages.

Hopefully, I'll have some at the Literature Meet.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

This sounds great. Are there any updates? Count me in

Comment

no further updates beyond a few days ago.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

HA! Sorry, not sure why i was asking for an update from only a few days. I think I may have meant keep us updated?

Comment

A link and update Steve wanted me to share:

http://www.delius-klasing.de/buecher/Porsche+Carrera.179769.html

They say 14000 races----not correct----it is 7900.
                    Pricing is in Germany only. U.S. pricing and distribution not yet set.
                    -Steve Heinrichs
                    Justin Rio

Comment

Justin,

Many thanks for posting for me.

All,

I'm still hopeful for a release earlier than April but who knows. Anyway, the pricing is for Germany only. U.S. pricing and distribution is not yet settled.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

What's the latest about when it will be available? Only from a dealer, no?

Comment

Here is the latest update that I know of. See the thread on this forum under "Porsche books, lit & review. Here is the link.

http://www.abcgt.com/forum/9-Porsche-Books-Literature-and-Review/11519-Brief-Book-update.html?limit=6&start=6
                          Mic
                          1959A coupe

Comment

Thanks for joining us Edwin and Welcome! The last update regarding Steve's book is the link provided on this thread. Maybe Steve has some new developments to share? Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

Guys,

Here is the latest---

Proof corrections are being made. Book should print mid-February. Delius-Klasing will be European distributor and they are taking advance orders on their site for April.

U.S. distributor not yet determined nor have Limited Edition matters been finalized.

I had hope to have 75 copies of regular edition at L.A. Literature Meet but this is looking less likely.
                              U.S. pricing will be more than Europe partly becuase of shipping 800+ page book. Anyway, if available in L.A., the price is likely $200. If you want a copy there if I have them, please let me know.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X