Brief Book update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

The final corrections are still being made but the plan is crystalizing.

No books in LA. Remaining changes done early March. Prints from mid-March and finished early April. Available via D-K mid-April. U.S. distribution decided; likely availability mid-May. About 1,000 books only for U.S.

Stay tuned. Talk to me in LA re more details.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Heinrichs" post=15203
      Justin,

Many thanks for posting for me.

All,

I'm still hopeful for a release earlier than April but who knows. Anyway, the pricing is for Germany only. U.S. pricing and distribution is not yet settled.

Steve Heinrichs
      So I can order the book from Germany and pay 98 eur plus postage to the UK? The book will be in English?

Comment

Neil,

The D-K site is taking advance orders for mid-April. I really do not know if they will ship to the U.K.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Heinrichs" post=16406
          Neil,

The D-K site is taking advance orders for mid-April. I really do not know if they will ship to the U.K.

Steve Heinrichs
          Thanks Steve. Order and they will ship to the UK for 7.7 eur. Bargain!

Comment

Latest update:

Corrections, etc. being made. Expected to print beginning at month end. Four or so weeks of prinitng and binding. Will be printed in Germany.Available in Europe early May.

There will be no slip cover; rather the information will be stamped on book hard cover and edges.

Book dimenisons are same as 917 book. Page count looks to go to 830.

Probably available U.S. mid-May. U.S. distributor expected to also have rights for U.K.Pricing will approximate Euro priced translated to dollars.

The limited edition will be limited to no more than 356 copies. Over 100 are already committed. These books, in addition, to special added page, will have a Porsche prepared leather case/pouch/satchel---sort of like a tool kit that unfolds. Porsche's upholstery shop will make and will do stitching. The Porsche leather will be a much like that in the 2010 Sport Classic. Special Fuhrmann album photo set will go in pouch as well and it will be imprinted with "Carrera" like book cover. Pricing is not finally decided. Limited package will have Porsche part number.

Maybe---maybe--there will be sales at PCA Parade and Pebble Beach Concours (August). Not determined.

That's the latest!

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Oh deal so I have ordered your book in German. Better try to cancel my order

Comment

No need to do that---

The book is in German and English. One book---two languages and lots of numbers not needing translation!

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Thank Steve. Panic over.

Comment

How does one order the limited edition? And what will it cost?

Comment

Edwin,

I will have some. I do not know at the moment how many. I do know that when I left Stuttgart three or so weeks ago, that 100 or so of the 356 were committed. It will be about $400 U.S. so do let me know if you remain interested.

I will note that you may want one and will also note others who contact me.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Steve, very interested. Thanks, Ed

Comment

All,

I owe you all an update. For reasons beyond my control...(don't assume bad things---as far as I know it is just more of details causing delays)...the book has still not gone to print.

Porsche decided to add several pages of race related posters to the book and...our main Porsche project manager has been on vacation and needs to give the captions and some other stuff to the book designer so the book designer can finish and we can all see the final proof.

Much worse than the gestation period of an elephant.

So---here's the latest of my never accurate predictions: The book goes to print in two weeks. It finishes end of June (gotta dry and more).

So 2: I'd now guess European availability in July and U.S. in August. I'll hopefully be selling books in the Monterey area in August during "car week".

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Guys,

Happily today we have received the final book proof. It looks great and we will review and supply final changes,if any, in next few days.

Then--hey--June it prints. So, finally, late July availability (he said hopefully).

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

By the way---the book is 850 pages.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

One fine day books come back as "cool retro".
                                They publish a 850 pages book about the forgotten name Porsche
                                with an obituary for Steve Heinrichs who wrote the book many years ago.

Kidding...
                                www.breuer.shop

Comment

Working...
                                X