Brief Book update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice book Steve.

I'm really enjoying reading it. Good balance between technical details and telling a story.

Comment

Neil, thanks!

All---I am having trouble with the fax machine. Best if you can for a day or so while I sort this all out---please scan your order form and send to email. I can then print. If you sent fax the last few days please scan and send email if you would (I won't double count your order).

Steve Heinrichs

RStephen356@aol.com

Comment

Gang---

Latest news:

My first shipment of books to arrive 16 November in San Francisco. So, I expect say Tues/Wed here and will fill early orders perhaps Thursday.

A few reminders as to this seven year project...book has detailed 4-cam motor information as to all types, interviews with guys who were there, much information as to Fuhrmann, list of all purpose built and prodcution "Carrera"/"4-cam" cars and ones built similarly but did not get 4-cam (the list includes chassis number, motor number, body finish date, production date, colors and more), list of each 4-cam motor and where went, color list of 356 4-cams by body date, list of individual spare chassis and purpose, list of purpose built races from 1952 to generally 1965 (showing race, date, specific chassis mostly, pilot and results---7,900 appearances),and, well, more.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Steve,
          Please put my name on a copy (regular edition). Mailed my order yesterday.
          Thanks,
          David Gensler

Comment

David---thanks much!!

All---Here is some background and breaking news:

First, some pricing background. Note that this is a Porsche Museum Edition book. It has been a seven year project with Porsche. Porsche had the book designed and handled the translation and printing and distribution. Generally speaking and specifically as to this book which is expected to become the definitive resourse as to the 4-cam and race cars and more-----Porsche wants wide and deep distribution. Accordingly, it establishes pricing that is below what we would normally expect in the U.S. Said another way, I would have priced the book at at least $195 in the U.S.

Anyway (I am going to round the numbers), the Museum and German price is 100 Euros. Delius-Klasing distributes books for Porsche and also has similarly priced the book.

Basically that means a similar U.S. price would be $140 ($130 + shipping costs to U.S.). Now, D-K has a U.S. subsidiary. For reasons at least partially unclear to me and to Porsche...the U.S. sub has promised some relatively small number of books to Amazon which has priced them at $95 but with 1-31 availability. Not good for me, not good for Porsche dealers and, well, not good.

We have been unsuccessful in reversing that pricing.

So: Here's the deal---I am so happy that the book is out despite efforts by some to stop it, and to interfere with my relationship with Porsche...and...because it is the holiday season...and because of my long term and near term interest in lung cancer research----we're gonna celebrate the book victory as follows:

1) Since the book orders will not be filled until late next week, I am going to change the $140 price to $100 (still + $15 shipping and insurance)so $115 total.

2) All orders between now and December 10 will be accepted at the $115 total price (hopefully, these will get to buyers by Christmas).

3)All proceeds (except the $15) will be donated to University of California San Francisco hospital for lung cancer research.

If you have ordered, do not worry---I'll adjust the price.

The pricing will go back to normal on December 11.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Hi Steve,

Looks like a great book. I sent my order to you.

BTW: The Amazon orders won't be fulfilled until next year.

Thanks.

John
              jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

John,

Thank you!!

Yep...1/31 they say. Maybe.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

The latest:

The books arrived at SFO on Sunday. I have been mostly out the last few days.

Anyway, hopefully they will clear customs today and be delivered tomorrow and then friends will help beginning then with early distribution as my health problems prevent for a little while still.

Now---the complicated news---while many orders have come through, about 40 recent (last couple of days) have not as the machine did not connect.

So---the sites will change fax number to:

1 888 549 2792 from there the order will come to me.

In then next few days, I'll fix the issue.

So---order away. IF you previously ordered, text or call meon 775 691 2217 to confirm. I may not have the order.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Kudos to you Steve. I know this cause is personal for you. It would appear that some folks are never satisfied. Not unexpected considering the source. May you be successful beyond your dreams.
                    Joel

Lynn Sheeley
                    Post subject: Re: 4 Cam Porsche 356, 550, 904 book now availablePostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:18 pm
                    356 Fan

Tag: Thunder Road Tubs
                    It doesn't appear that the book is about making money:

3)All proceeds (except the $15) will be donated to University of California San Francisco hospital for lung cancer research. The $15 is shipping.

61 Notchback Coupe #200364
                    Registry Member #1350

Top Profile

C J Murray
                    Post subject: Re: 4 Cam Porsche 356, 550, 904 book now availablePostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:37 pm
                    356 Fan

In accordance with the high standards of financial transparency set by Mr Heinrichs, I would expect an audited income statement to be provided with details of all disbursements and the actual amount of the actual donation as well as any impact on the income tax liability of those involved.

Comment

• Guys and Gals----

Got Books!!!

I could write a book (pun intended) as to the last four days in getting them from SFO to moi.

Regardless, over the next few days with a little help from my friends, I will be filling orders.

Happy Holidays!

Steve Heinrichs

RStephen356@aol.com
                      www.biglakemedia.com
                      www.4-cam.com

Comment

• Guys,

First round of books sent via P.O. today. Should be delivered by Monday.

If you are thinking of holiday gifts, the book might be a good one but you need to order soon.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• www.breuer.shop

Comment

• Excellent!!

Thanks for letting me know.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Some information:

The first two groups of regular editions have been sent out.

I'm told but am not certain, that resellers like Amazon and others do not expect books for several weeks.

Not much really new regarding the Special Editions. I still think end of year. Many orders are in. I will not cash checks or process credit cards until I send the SE's to fill orders. There will be 356 of them and a very few Artist Proofs and a few also signed by Dr. Wolfgang Porsche. I will have about 100 in total. I am not certain how many of that will have Dr. P's. signature---(maybe 10 out of 30 maximum). I expect to have two of the five A/Ps for sale. None of these particular SE's have been priced as of yet.

Again, I am not certain but do not believe that any of the U.S. re-sellers will have any.

Steve Heinrichs
                              www.biglakemedia.com

(THE Speedster book as well as Carrera book)

Comment

• Book arrived today.

Wife has gone to bed. Daughters asleep. Fire burning. Nice glass of whiskey. Settling in to read.

It just doesn't get any better.

Thank you Mr. Heinrich!

Comment

Working...
                                X