No announcement yet.

Brief Book update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed you didn't sign it for me Steve!
    Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Andrew,

Ah, yes---because later the SE is coming your way, right? So, tell us about the elbow and your reading!

Best--

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Guys,

Still looks like end of year before Special Editions are ready. When out, they will only be available from the Museum or Herr Sprenger or me. I will have about 100 of the 356. About 1/4 of those have been pre-sold at this time.

Steve Heinrichs
        www.biglakemedia.com

Comment

• Guys---

Good news and not so good news:

The good news is that many re-sellers now have the book and, while pricing is all over the map, the book is available for $100. Great deal. I'm not certain as to the quantity that each reseller has but it is not much.

I'm still selling at $140 on www.biglakemedia.com as I believe that that is where the pricing will settle short term.

The bad news is that the Special Editions are delayed because the upholstery shop at Porsche in Stuttgart is very busy. It now looks like the SEs will not be available until late March. I am working to try to have some at the Literature Meet but seems not likely.

I wish each of our abcgt folks the best of the holiday season---a special season for all, indeed.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Santa came through and I got my copy of the book. WOW, a simply amazing, beautiful book! I was expecting maybe an inch thick, but it's a full 2 3/8".....I love it!
            Jack Stenner
            ---------------
            1953 Porsche 356 Coupe 1500N
            1959 VW SO-23 Camper

Comment

• That Santa...what a guy!

Thanks much!

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Jack,
                A word of warning.. If you do much reading in the throne room, get a music stand or another device to hold the book. If not you may find yourself unable
                to rise from your studies, your legs numb, your circulation minimized. If a truly extended read, you may even do an Elvis. I of course, am simply speculating, with no actual experience ....
                Best in the New Year to all.
                Joel

Comment

• Was at the Porsche museum yesterday. No books available in the shop-- sold out. No word on restock.

Comment

• Originally posted by 356JAGER" post=24058
                    Jack,
                    A word of warning.. If you do much reading in the throne room, get a music stand or another device to hold the book. If not you may find yourself unable
                    to rise from your studies, your legs numb, your circulation minimized. If a truly extended read, you may even do an Elvis. I of course, am simply speculating, with no actual experience ....
                    Best in the New Year to all.
                    Joel
                    Joel, you must not have a book lift:

Click image for larger version

Name:	book-lift.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	54441
                    Jack Stenner
                    ---------------
                    1953 Porsche 356 Coupe 1500N
                    1959 VW SO-23 Camper

Comment

• Jack,
                      Excellent solution. I'm working on one based on the old ironing board that folds out from the wall. Only wish my throne room would accommodate your
                      iteration. Best to you in the New Year.
                      Joel

Comment

• Edwin,

Yhanks for the update. Very interesting, indeed. I think they will re-stock soon. They store material offsite. Still, sales are doing well.

Safe trip!!

Steve Heinrichs
                        www.biglakemedia.com

Comment

• Some news:

A decision has been made to increase the number of Special Editions (SE) to 550. If you have ordered one and based that upon a 356 limit, and now wish to cancel your order...I understand. The bottom line is that Porsche believes 550 to be the more appropriate number. Availability remains late March. I'll check as to each order and we'll revise order form.

Also---there will be 34 Author's Editions (AE). The AEs will also have Dr. Wolfgang Porsche's signature. The price is not yet determined but will be significantly higher. I may have 10 to sell. Availability is also late March. We'll add to order form also.

Again, to note: neither the SEs not the AEs will be sold other than by Porsche, Rolf Sprenger and me. None will go to D-K or Amazon or other re-sellers.

Steve Heinrichs
                          www.biglakemedia.com

Comment

• Guys,

The revised order form reflecting my prior post should be on the sites later today.

Steve Heinrichs
                            www.biglakemedia.com
                            www.4-cam.com

Comment

• Guys,

You may have noticed that the idea of Special Editions being available in March has come and gone.

Here's the update as of yesterday---

The SEs and AEs should be finished this month and I am told I should have them around month end.

The total SEs at the moment is said to be 356.

None will be sold via D-K, Amazon and the several U.S. re-sellers. The books can be purchased from Herr Sprenger, Porsche Museum or me (via Big Lake Media).

European SE pricing seems to be Euro 356. The price from me will be $400 as noted.

If you ordered and remain interested and sent a check, the check may be stale and I may need a new one. We'll sort it out.

Also, I will only have 40 SEs (not 100). I will have 17 AEs but do not know pricing yet. As to the 40, I am trying to get included the numbers somefolks want.

Anyway----theoretically 23 of these are already sold. The whole 40 will go quickly.

Also 2, I am told that regular editions are expected to be sold out in 2-3 months. It is basically over. I have about 100 regular and expect maybe a few left for the Monterey week.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Here's the latest as to the SE and AE books:

Believe it or not, they were finished this week. Herr Sprenger picks up the ones he will sell on Wednesday. And, the Archiv will begin to sell them also.

The numbers are as noted in previous post.

The AE will be priced at $750 + shipping.

If you have ordered an SE, I may need a new check and will return the old one.

Too bad this has taken so long but these are very special and beautiful...and will sell quickly.

Steve Heinrichs

ps--we will revise the web site over the next couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                X