Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Outlaw bug project

hello
    there s 2 years, I ve bought a 67 zenith blue bug, at the first time, I decided to make a perfect cal look, but to see some 356 outlaws, I prefered to change my direction and make a 67 outlaw bug.
    She was nice when I bought her, some weldings, but no more rust...

in the beginning, I ve decided to make a "quick restoration" , but to remove parts after parts, remove the body from the chassis was a better job

I always wanted a sunroof, so I find one and go to my friend who make all the weldings and prepare the body for painting job

after sanding, welding the went to the painter to spay in zenith blue

I did the job for the chassis, sanding and epoxy for all, the gearbox replaced by a 8x33 ( 8x35 original)

Now body found the chassis

Nice work! What engine/cc's will you be using?
    Mike
    '63 B coupe

Comment

Thanks for sharing your build with us Thierry! Looks like your making some great strides with its progress. So is your mission to incorporate as many 356 trim and components as you can or are you staying with a stock VW body with Porsche drivetrain and suspension? That was a really clean shell to begin with, nice work!
      Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

hi
        for the engine I used my old 1600 of my baywindow ( I removed it to swap with a subaru engine) I ve bought a Scat C35 NOS, kit cylinder 88mm, 1,25 rockers, 010 Bosch with an Empi Transispark NOS, dual 32 NDIX from a 356 on Riechert manifolds and linkage, OT pulley, 356A oil filler. CSP street competition exhaust
        just mounting some parts, before disassembly the engine for adjusting all the parts.

my rebuilt carbs

I ll take a picture of the complete engine before restore it

need to modify the linkage to open the 356 oil filler caps, the linkage ll be sanding and respray in mat grey

you can see the OT pulley

I want to make a car like as a man in 1967/1970 in his garage, so I try to use all the parts from this period or replica parts from this period .
        need to go to work ...to be continued

Comment

HI
          for the wheels I m not satisfy with steel 356 respray so I found 4 66 wheels and make them like Runge . Will remove the center of 2 to reweld them on 5,5 with modify offset to fit perfectly with 195/60/15 on the rear

Use drumskins on the brakes renews
          On the front axle have a sway away and dropped splindles, 4 x 15 wheel with 155/15, i don t know for the moment

For the body, I made some transformations

I fitted 356 Bosch horn

the second one

the fuel tank in da place

before painting with the front hood

the rear decklid is modify in 67 convertible

a removal rear apron to.

When I didn t know what can I do, I m going to my garage and drilled some parts

Oh JESUS !!!!!you can t drill 67 door handles !!......yes I can

to be continued ....

Comment

Very cool details Thierry! Drilled handles and the filler through the hood are great GT touches! Also like the lightening effort made to the wheels. Reminds me a lot of the efforts made on the Glocker Porsches. The entire the presentation so far is very clean and nicely detailed.
            Nice work and thanks for posting!
            Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

you re welcome Justin

found a pic of the engine ( the oil filler is not good have a 356 a now )

the headlights, are yellow with grills , not fit at this moment

testing on a 67 friend zenith blue ...the flasher ll be white

my foglight NOS, Marchal 610 150mm

some badges for the rear decklid (Porsche outlaw and GSR) and on the front... My front hood wad older than a 67 one so I use big trim and front hood badge

......next....the interior

Comment

For the interior, I ve found a Nos tachometer, put it in another dash grill

for the steering wheels, I decided to make one with a VDM who was in my garage since a long time

after painting, cleaning and fit with a Flat4 GT hub

Perhaps I ll paint in black the horn button and put a Porsche decals

the glove box was to old for me so I flocked it, it s easy and make new !!

all in da place

For the pedals, I place an order to Kevin Zagar , but have restored mine before and put an assist brake

but the futur new pedals are more race and lightened

Comment

the body meet the chassis

fitting my 550 handbrake and testing the new shifter , I want a 550 style one but no body can make me one as cheap ( 1500 $ the one at fibersteel)

Comment

Nice engineering mate, very cool! Cal Bugs rock, and yours is shaping up to be very special. Keep up the great work.

Comment

thanks

Comment

for the upholestery, in first, I ve decide to restore all with the original materials, repainting the body seats ( frame ?) in the original color

the water blue material

all the seats are restored, but want 550 seats , so I found seat frame and ask a friend to make seats for me; they ll be like the original waterblue 550seats

to be continued...

Comment

just bought valve cover

Comment

Wow this is a great build! I'm particular to this one as my first 2 cars were both 67 bugs. The first I pulled all apart to learn how it went together and the second my Dad an I built into a sleeper. So much fun blowing the doors of the early 1990's Mustang 5.0's! If I really pushed it, it would do wheels over a section of an intersection! Too much fun for a high school commuter!

Comment

thanks

testing the new hood hinge( i don t know if it s the good words) adjusting before painting

Comment

Working...
                              X