• Pic posted some days ago by
        Click image for larger version

Name:	borgward.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	41747
        Vance (356)

Comment

• This car is not a Porsche but a Borgward a small German company created in 1933 by Friedrich Wilhelm Borgward
          Were in the 50's and 60's ferous Porsche competitor with a 4 cylinders water cooled 1500cc
          From 1933 to 1961 when they went bankrupt they produced more than 200.000 cars mostly passenger cars but encouraged by Porsche success they produced their own sport car version the Borgward Hansa

Name:	Borgwardhansa.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	41749

Name:	Borgwardhansa1.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	41750

Comment

• From the Hansa Borgward derivated an aluminium spyder similar to the 550

Name:	Borgward2.JPG
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	41752

Comment

• 2 Borgward Hansa spyders were entered into the 1953 Carrera Panamericana race
              Car number 156 (the one on Vance pic) driven by Adolf Brudes and car number 155 driven by Hans Hartmann
              Both cars were DNF (accident)
              Jaroslav Juhan 550 01 had number 154 that's why the Borgward are very often seen on pics close to the Porsches

Name:	Borgward5.JPG
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	41754

Comment

• On this very famous pic Jaroslav Juhan 550 01 number 154 is ahead of the 2 off Borgwards number 155 and 156

Name:	CC.JPG
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	41756

Comment

• Borgward 155 fter her accident

Name:	Borgward3.JPG
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	41758

Comment

• Great post Gerard, thank you! I had never heard of this car company nor did I know a thing about their Spyder-like racecars. Thanks once again for the enlightenment! Justin
                    Justin Rio

Comment

• I remember Borgward cars in the midwest (KC) in the late 50s. They sold a car called the Isabella--pretty name for a car. I didn't realized they were a German company, for some reason I thought they were made in France--just my ignorance I guess.

Name:	borgward-ad-dk.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	41823

Comment

• Nice article on Borgward in a recent Hemmings Sports & Exotic.

http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2013/06/01/hmn_feature5.html

Both of the Dreikanschabers at PRCC. The one on the left from the
                        Porsche Museum and the other from the collection of Dr. Julio Palmaz,
                        Napa, California. Interesting difference in the shades of silver on each.

Name:	DREIKENS.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	41849

Comment

• Thanks pat! Sometimes the system is slower than others. If it won't take you to the next window after you've hit submit just click on any of the main tabs up top and it will take you out.

Great photo Joel! Yes, some gold or yellow in Julio's paint job for sure.
                          Thanks again guys!
                          Justin
                          Justin Rio

Comment

• As to the Dreikantscabers----

This was the first time they were together after nearly 50 years at Sebring.

Anyway, they were built the same time and we have a couple of photos of them together during construction.

The silvers should be the same. I do not know which (if either) is correct.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Another view of the Dreikantschabers. Porsche Pilot Jurgen Barth,
                              hatless in the blue shirt, confers with friends. Love the teardrop lights on the front of the car.

Name:	JURGENDREI.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	41864

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	rsk105.jpg
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	42018

Comment