No announcement yet.

My 59A seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your seat really turned out nice Mic! You will absolutely be a seasoned pro for the second one. My thanks to all of you too! I am learning about recovering seats thanks to guys like yourself who are willing to share their hard fought knowledge. Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Very nicely done. Great posting. Gordon

Comment

Your seats look really good, Mic. Better than many "professional" seats I've seen.
        Craig Richter

Comment

Thanks guys. Wish I had time to do the drivers seat as it looks kinda silly with only one redone but the time will come & now that I have done one it will go much quicker.

I'd rather look funny & be driving my 356 any day. Surprisingly I find the drivers seat comfortable. Where your shoulder blades & mid back hit it there is nothing but vinyl & the rubber rings. You can put hand on the back & feel it from the front. Depending on the light it matches o/k. When they are both done it will be less a noticeable color difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0412041020.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	40804

Name:	0412041021.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	40805

Name:	0412041650.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	40806
          Mic
          1959A coupe

Comment

WOW! What a difference! The poor old seat on the left looks like the right's mummified twin! You did a really clean job of shaping that new foam and installing those covers Mic! You should be very proud of yourself! Part 2 should go a little smoother for you I am sure. Nice work!
            Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

Almost 12 months later I finally got the driver seat done.

Name:	0403051225.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	59395

Small bump above adjuster was from a pc. of foam I put in the springs. I was able to just push it in so that is fixed.

Name:	0403051225a.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	59396

One issue I have is since the new cover was tossed in the box for about 10 months it shows some marks/indents. Lucky it is only on the back side. Hoping they will go away in time. Lesson learned, always put things away nicely even if you think you will use them next day.
              What looks likes creases or maybe not stretched enough is really small indents on the material from something laying on top of it. Kind of like carpet after moving a pc. of furniture.

Name:	0403051226.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	59397
              Mic
              1959A coupe

Comment

Mic, gently waving a heat gun or hair dryer will relax the creases or wrinkles. Keep one hand, also waving palm up, under the hot air just over the material. If your hand gets uncomfortable, back the heat source away more. The surface will average out with just the right general heat so even now that we in the Nor'east may see some warmer weather and some sun, just facing the seat towards Ol' Sol will be enough.

But you knew all that, right?

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
                X