No announcement yet.

Right Hand Drive 356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes in some cases rt hand drive converts are allowed but the car must go for further inspection. It's an iffy situation. I have heard of cases where cars did not pass the inspection by Puspakom.I did not want to buy a car which was converted to be told by the authorities that it can not be registered.

Comment

Mr.Doyle:

I wonder if you would help me resolve a couple long-standing interiors questions...

- Would you hazard a guess about the percentage of fitment of blue carpets in the T-1?

- Did Blue carpet disappear with the intro of the T-2?

- Would you hazard a guess about the percentage of fitment of grey wheel and knobs in the T-1? And when was grey discontinued?

Thanks in advance.
      ----------
      Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

Originally posted by S.J.Szabo" post=17653
        Mr.Doyle:

I wonder if you would help me resolve a couple long-standing interiors questions...

- Would you hazard a guess about the percentage of fitment of blue carpets in the T-1?

- Would you hazard a guess about the percentage of fitment of grey wheel and knobs in the T-1? And when was grey discontinued?

Thanks in advance.
        SJ - see below:

1. No idea on % or number of cars trimmed in Blue carpet - but it was used in Pre-A and A models up to March of 1957 - end of the rear beehive and shine down lights.

2. I believe Blue carpet was gone from regular production post March 1957 - as the rear teardrop and shine up lights brought about new color schemes for the then new 1957 production period - the A chassis was changing a bit and has been internally called a T1.5 (an interim) not yet a T2 chassis until September 1957. And then again, more color changes.

3. Again, no guess on % or number of cars - but I believe the grey steering wheel and column, grey turn indicator, and grey dashboard, etc. knobs, finished their use in color combinations between March and Septmeber 1957.

Now, I think we all know that a car could be special ordered through any production series with a customers personal choice of then past and present color schemes.

Hope this helps.

Michael Doyle

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Staggs" post=17607
          I think that all the 56 cars had bumper guards on the bumpers, except maybe Carreras.
          Jack,

All production series Carreras through the 1956 model year --- into early March 1957 were 1500 GS models. These all had bumper guards originally fit to them front and rear.

The reference to Carreras not having bumpers guards is associated to the 1500 GT series that had bumpers with no guards and a flat aluminum deco strip in place of the heavier strip with rubber insert.

Michael Doyle

Comment

Interesting. It just seems odd to have blue leather on blue carpets on a blue car.

Comment

Originally posted by Murugesh Nidyananda" post=17699
              Interesting. It just seems odd to have blue leather on blue carpets on a blue car.
              I earlier determined for you that yes, your car was Aq. Marine Blue. However, it was not Blue leather - but rather Blue leatherette which is Vinyl - as in imitation leather "kunstleder" as the Germans called it.

There is no certainty about what color carpet your car had without having the Reutter build codes line - to say it had Blue carpet is only your guess at this time. It could have been Dark Tan or Grey for that matter.

Michael Doyle

Comment

As usual, I am a little lost---tell me the chassis number again and I will try to get Reutter codes.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

The chassis number is 57415.

Comment

Indeed:

Acquamarine, Blue Leather, Blue Carpets.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Cool thanks! I guess you meant leatherette right?

Comment

Mr.Heinrichs:

Would your info show the color of the strg.wheel/knobs in his car?

For that matter, what have you got on the Trusty Coupe, 58302?

Thanks.
                        ----------
                        Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

Hi Mr. Szabo,

Unfortunately, I really know of no way to specifically document the steering wheel or knobs color stuff. I'd rely on the work of Brett Johnson (what happened to his Registry presence, by the way---great guy---the "go to" person for so much stuff---and now gone).

As to 58302, please contact me off line.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

So yesterday while having coffee with a mate of mine who has a Porsche as well, the topic of RHD cars came up. We then wondered how many RHD cars were made in the year 1956. Just curious if anyone had the numbers.

Thanks!

Comment

I have worked for years on data as to all the RHDs. I know most but the data is not ready for prime time.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Steve, when reading these posts, I am continually struck by your helpfulness and generosity in assisting so many people!

Comment

Working...
                                X