Click image for larger version

Name:	ystdd2314.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	83757
        Bruce Jennings??

Comment

Yes, possibly Upper Marlboro, MD

Here is an old color slide from 1962, Vineland NJ Regional.

Name:	VinelandnodateBPCPstart.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	83804

Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary

Name:	ystdc12701.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	83845
            Palm Springs 1959

Comment

What... no enclosed car carriers or motor homes??

Comment

Name:	4-356sWeb.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	83860
                Yes it is Bruce Jennings and it is Marlboro 1962. Again a barcboys.com photo that was taken without asking. As I said before I have no problems helping with the history of racing Porsche's but it just seems honorable for anyone wanting to use one to ask.

And the 356 racers are still standing tall. SVRA Fernandina/Amelia 2016

Comment

Hi Dave,
                  My apologies, we have several guys who post photos regulary and I encourage them to give credit to thier photos when possible but that is not always the case. If and when it is possible, like now, I will glady go back and ad in credit and details. (I have also added a live link to Barcboys for anyone interested in additional early racing history.) If the owner asked for thier photo to be removed I will promptly take it down. This site is just for fun so I don't want anyone getting upset. I see that this site belongs to you so if there is no hard feelings please feel free to post and continue to promote your site here if there is anything you think us Porsche junkies would like.

Best Regards,

Justin

For more early sports car racing photos and history
                  Check out: www.barcboys.com
                  Justin Rio

Comment

I've never seen this racing site before very nice by the way. That photo has been found floating on at least 4 or 5 seperate race and or Porsche related pages on facebook for quite some time now so I had no idea as to its origins. Sorry about that.
                    ~Vance

Comment

• Thanks for posting the Barcboys.com site. I found a dear friend , Bert Phillips who was listed with his Porsche 1500 (passed away about 10 years ago) at the 1956 Watkins Glen sports car race.. Bert was a great model airplane enthusiast, which is how I met him. He owned a Speedster and later a coupe back in the day.

http://www.barcboys.com/Images/Entries/Watkins%20Glen/56%20WG%201.jpg

Comment

• Thanks for the story on Bert Philipps. Any stories or photos anyone wants to share I will post on the barcboys.com site. Note there are no ads and the entire project is to help folks get as many facts correct about the past through photos taken at the event and entry lists and results. I love doing it and thank you for the kind words.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	ins57265.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	84076

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vtgddd892.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	84487

Comment

• What a fabulous shot. Where was that taken and when?

Comment

• Not sure when but I was thinking it might be at Road America??
                                ~Vance

Comment

Working...
                                X