Performance - Custom - Trick 356 parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don,
    I know what folks ASK for their stuff, but then I note that the guys asking $1200 for an A tank on E-bay or the Samba don't seem to sell many. Not surprising since a new one from Stoddards is $ 829.00.
    This would probably work for a 356 with a little work.
    http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/Fuel-Tank-Filler-Neck-65-73-p17721.html
    Don't even want to guess at the number of hours you have in the filler.
    The dry ice displaces the oxygen, so no combustion. Just don't have it in contact with the area being welded as it's low temp could effect the weld. No problem at the neck.
    Cheers,
    Joel
    20 years of my working life a an R&D Machinist..

Comment

"A" and T5 tank necks won't work. Cap size is much larger. 911,912 necks are a sepreate piece, bridged to the tank with a section of rubber hose. It would be very easy to adapt one of these necks to a T6 car with the bridge hose under the fender. or weld it on... Nice work, btw
      Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

Jack,
        A - T-5 tank necks are not only much too large, the cap attaches by tangs on the inside of the neck while B/C, 911, 912 caps have indents that capture the neck from the outside, but I wasn't suggesting that an early tank inlet be a possibility, only making an observation on the pricing of items by some purveyors who are apparently seeking buyers who don't do much research, or just gotta have that original German steel holding their petrol...
        Cheers,
        Joel

Comment

Dry ice will force gasoline vapors out of the tank since it is heavier than gasoline vapors. Remember stage where dry ice covers the floor?

Comment

Welcome along Conrad! Thanks for joining us and for the Great suggestion.
            Justin
            Justin Rio

Comment

Thank you. I look forward to a lot of fun!
              Conrad

Comment

3 years later... Those drums are cool and hot!
                Attached Files

Comment

Ashley,
                  I would a pair of these for my 56 outlaw.
                  Let me know if you decide to make some.
                  Bob
                  916-955-8427

Comment

Originally posted by bobmspeedster" post=34837
                    Ashley,
                    I would a pair of these for my 56 outlaw.
                    Let me know if you decide to make some.
                    Bob
                    916-955-8427
                    Bob,
                    Those drums look very nice. This is the first time I have seen them and don't know who made them. Someone did a nice looking job!
                    Ashley
                    Ashley Page

Comment

Originally posted by JTR70" post=25704
                      Nice work on those barrels Don! Maybe Ashley can confirm; the tops of the original pistons were not milled perfectly at square correct? A slight compensation angle which had to be indexed in the caliper was added so it drove the pad in square on the rotor as pressure is applied, Something like that????

Year and a half late on this but that is essentially correct. There is a step in the piston and the low side is also the leading side and the step points to the center of the axel - about 20 deg.
                      A friend worked at ATE during the time they were making those and confirmed that the step was to reduce pad taper and noise. I asked if the stepped piston was a revision to fix taper and noise but he wouldn't tell me and just smiled.
                      Looks like the pads in the picture are chamfered on the leading and trailing edges. Sometimes chamfering like that (only need it on the leading edge) will reduce taper and noise too.
                      Ashley Page

Comment

Working...
                      X