Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	718rsk140.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	79615

Comment

• 005?

Thank you so much. I will wait for your post.
      Attached Files
      https://www.instagram.com/nur964/
      Only air

Comment

• 718-005.
        3rd OA, Le Mans 1958, Jean Behra.
        Long factory competition history including European Mountain Championship.
        One of the two cars in the Zeltweg Austria so-called "grudge race" where Behra had claimed that Von Trips had better prepared cars, and so they switched machines for that event.
        I have the full factory competition records of the transmission department, which for some reason is the best and most complete information remaining regarding race activities of the period, according to Jurgen Barth. I can provide more information on request.

This car belonged to Mickey Graham of Greenwich, Ct. in the late 70's (he had 2 RSK's), and I helped my friend Murray Smith acquire this car, which enjoyed its first restoration by Tony Dutton of Northumberland Engineering in Southampton. I researched its history and details for that effort, and in 1986 Murray and I took two works cars, 718-005 and my car, 718-009 to the Monterey Historics.
        Richard Roth
        New York City
        Amagansett, NY

Comment

Name:	718rsk1421.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	79631

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickie" post=35210
            718-005.
            3rd OA, Le Mans 1958, Jean Behra.
            Long factory competition history including European Mountain Championship.
            One of the two cars in the Zeltweg Austria so-called "grudge race" where Behra had claimed that Von Trips had better prepared cars, and so they switched machines for that event.
            I have the full factory competition records of the transmission department, which for some reason is the best and most complete information remaining regarding race activities of the period, according to Jurgen Barth. I can provide more information on request.

This car belonged to Mickey Graham of Greenwich, Ct. in the late 70's (he had 2 RSK's), and I helped my friend Murray Smith acquire this car, which enjoyed its first restoration by Tony Dutton of Northumberland Engineering in Southampton. I researched its history and details for that effort, and in 1986 Murray and I took two works cars, 718-005 and my car, 718-009 to the Monterey Historics.

thanks for the info. you need to publish the book on the Porsche 71
            you have more photos with 007? since when he was black? or process of his restoration?
            thank you
            Only air

Comment

• What is the number?
              Attached Files
              Only air

Comment

• Can someone to identify the location of this photograph? I can say unequivocally though that this is one of the series built customer cars. note the Wendler badge and the parchment colored interior which characterized that run. without more information this car cannot be identified by number.
                Richard Roth
                New York City
                Amagansett, NY

Comment

• Photo was shot at Nurburgring pit area.
                  ~Vance

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsk1387.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	79728
                  Bob Holbert 1960

Comment

• With all due respect, Bob Holbert never raced at the Nurburgring and the
                    people sitting on the fence seem to have more of a 50s American look then any of the good people of Deutschland. E modified is an SCCA class, BTW...
                    Richard Roth
                    New York City
                    Amagansett, NY

Comment

• My apologies for the confusion I was referring to this photo. You asked where it was taken so I found out it was at the Nurburgring paddock.
                      ~Vance
                      Attached Files

Comment

Name:	718rsk913.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	79912

Comment

Name:	718rsk0600.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	79984

Comment

• 1961 Targa Florio
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	718rsk8129.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	80135

Comment

Name:	718rsk56732.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	80202
                              Ken Miles racing at Dodgers stadium 1963

Comment

Name:	2016-09-2811.06.16-1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	80222
                                As discussed earlier in this thread, here is a photo of the side oil cooler on the early RSK Factory cars taken from inside the cockpit. As you can see it is in a boxed enclosure to allow the air to pass from the scoop to the exhaust port. I imagine it still created a toasty situation for the driver. note that this car has a center seat set up which is not currently in use in the photo.
                                Richard Roth
                                New York City
                                Amagansett, NY

Comment

Working...
                                X