Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbspdstr
    replied
    I had found nothing in print nor heard about Al's health from anyone for many years, but assumed Jacques would know. The the last time I saw Al he was tuning a 4-cam engine but having trouble with the shakes while using a screwdriver and also just standing....and that was also quite a few years ago....the last time I was in CA. I'll need more Prevagen to remember what year that was......

I also just heard of another Porsche stalwart passing, Tim Goodrich.
    With ALS taking over his body functions, he eventually could only text and we had a brief time staying in touch through that. When that suddenly ceased, I was afraid to call his wife....but then I heard through the Porsche community he had succumbed to that awful disease. Now I should call Diane and offer condolences.

Time is marching on.....Justin, if you read this, perhaps a thread of the Replacements who are taking up flag of the Porsche legion from those experts who have fallen or even just retired from the older Porsche universe would be appropriate, even if seen as "free advertising."

Even I am being known recently as being "retired" due to the decision not to take on any more full restorations. For me, that's a reality I have trouble accepting, but like it or not, ready or not, time does really march on....and as we age, we need to know to whom to pass the torch... (oxyacetylene or TIG!)

Please excuse the morbid side track on this great 550 thread.....
    -Bruce

Leave a comment:

• jacques
    replied
    Hi Gerd
    I just registered on your site
    j

Leave a comment:

• Blechquäler
    replied
    Hi Jacques,
    thanks for that info!
    I hope that Al is still alive, I was wondering what happened to him because a few years ago his German driving licence was for sale on ebay??
    When I visited the shop in those days they were working on a special race exhaust. It was very interesting to see what happens with the gas flow at different designs.
    I told Justin that was in 1989 but I remembered wrong, it was in 1990, the same year he was there, I was there in October, found the old flight papers today
    How can I reach you?
    Gerd

Leave a comment:

• jacques
    replied
    Hi Gerd
    Al if he is alive is in a home and no one has contact with him. Jorge was at the latest Lit Meet and is still around. Contact me if you want to track something down.
    j

Leave a comment:

• Blechquäler
    replied
    Hi Justin,
    must have been in 1989 or 90 - Hey, you're pretty good
    The name of Al`s understudy was Jorge Carlos Lizalde, he came from Mexico and was living not far from the shop.
    One day I have sent him a long letter but it came back after several weeks:
    "No such person under this address".
    I've no clue what happened to him or what he's doing now.
    Best
    Gerd

Leave a comment:

• JTR70
    replied
    [/quote

Nice photo Gerd! Circa 1988?? That's what the cars in background are telling me. I remember those 5-hole Enkie wheels being all the rage back then. I also recognize that guy in the passenger seat as Al Cadrobbi's understudy in the ways of the 4-cam engine. He was there when I visited in '90. Wonder what ever happend to him?
    Thanks for sharing!
    Justin
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Type550
    replied
    Haven't seen 550A-0134 in red before!

Click image for larger version

Name:	550A.1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	100215

Leave a comment:

• Blechquäler
    replied

Name:	a_j_1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	100184

Leave a comment:

• Type550
    replied
    Thanks - bit too rich for me! I would rather get the commission!

Leave a comment:

replied
    WOW, what an amazing opportunity Andrew. I agree with JOP: "BUY IT"
    ~Vance

Leave a comment:

• JOP
    replied
    Andrew thats easy.... You buy it
    Good luck with the sale.

JOP

Leave a comment:

• Type550
    replied
    I have been given an amazing opportunity to sell an original Spyder - 550A-0121. As it is not going to auction, I need to create a marketing/advertising campaign that will flush out the potential buyers. Using social media as a main platform with a media kit for classic car publications, professional photoshoot and its own website, hopefully I will get a sale - wish me luck!

Name:	IMG_0723copy.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	99800

Name:	JuliusVoigt-Nielsenat1957Roskilderingcopy.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	99801

Name:	1234924_488439747933163_60978103_ncopy.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	99802

Leave a comment:

• JOP
    replied
    Kaisers 550 number plates is Swedish.
    The plate with A or B combined with numbers is Stockholm City and Stockholm County signs.
    If Kaiser sold it to me in Lund, South Sweden before 1973 it would get a M + numbers since the Porsche changed county.
    The other number plates look like interim they were on a red background with white numbers.

Name:	47284391-8453-4D43-8C92-BB684A5586ED.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	99671

Leave a comment:

• Type550
    replied
    It is documented in Excellence was Expected - 'With brushes and paint pot, von Hanstein and driver Maglioli had personally given their Spyder a crude coat of German racing white and had added an Italian flag design on the hood in recognition of Maglioli's nationality.'

Name:	ScreenShot2018-04-11at11.10.38pm.png
Views:	44
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	99669

Leave a comment:

• Type550
    replied
    Originally posted by Porschinelle" post=42638
    Thanks again Andrew
    A last question re 550-045 for you when you awake tomorrow morning

Gert Kaiser seen here in 1955 at the start of his attempt to beat the Sweden speed record which he push to 210 KM/H
    Questions :
    Was this 550 already 550-045 ?
    If so why a different plate number ? (in this case A 1253)
    Last question is 550-045 still own by State of Art ?
    As I know they sold at least one of their 550
    Kaiser always raced 550-0045, so all photos are of the car. I am not sure how the registration works in Sweden, but the car is documented with at least 3 licence plates. Westerman sold both 0045 and 0089. 0045 is now owned by a Swedish collector.

Name:	RolfLundbom-Sweden.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	99664

Name:	ScreenShot2016-11-02at3.45.36PM.png
Views:	23
Size:	672.0 KB
ID:	99665

Name:	22-6-55swedishspeedrecord.jpg