Spyder 550 550A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I would not say that. It is an important car. Bunker.
    He pounded the hell out of all he raced.

I'm just saying that the price is high---like everything else.

It is simply a rebody of an important 550. No different than many of the 550s and 550As, etc.

And, heck, if this has 0079 panels, it is at least re-done from a real car and is not just new alu like all the rest.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• true - at least the panels are original. Was this owned by Art Bunker?
      Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Yes. Races will be in the book, of course./steve

Comment

• Andrew,

Many problems---

1) The cars are not the same---see the grills.

2) Which car, then, went to Brazil and why does Hans Stuck sell 05 there?

3) Why does 07 go to the factory for repair with Annie's mother's name?

Steve Heinrichs

ps---to solve this problem, it is important to understand 05, 06, 07 09 and 13. It takes a very big holistic approach to all of them. One cannot take one car out of context of all of these.

Comment

• What do you mean 'see the grills' - on the rear they are identical

Comment

• show car has one '40' has two./steve

Comment

• Only the first 4 racing prototypes and 05 had the fixed rear. All other cars evolved to the hinged rear. Why would Porsche revert back to an old design for 550-07 when it already had a hinged rear. When 550-09 went from a buckelwagen back to a normal spyder, it still retained the hinged rear.

Comment

• since 40 has two grills and is different--hard to tell if hinged or not.

Why would 07 come to Porsche fro repair at this time with Annie's maiden name???

/steve

Comment

• That is because they are 2 different cars. One is an early prototype where she raced at Adagir and the one for the speed record and Reims was a customer built Wendler bodied spyder.

Comment

• How do you account for 05 going to Brazil and being sold by Stuck?

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Also,

Wendler built no cars befoe 0016.

Anyway---I thought you said both the show car and 040 were 05?

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Annie had crashed and went to hospital. The Spyder went back to the factory for repairs. The spyder was 550-0043 - not just as a frame, but as a full body build, which is the Wendler built car she raced. The car was German registered, so for her to get the car back in time for the Reims race, she would have trouble with the paperwork for customs getting the car back over the border into France, so the factory welded another chassis plate over the original one, which was 550-07. This was currently registered in France, so it made it easy to cross borders in time.

Comment

• Sorry - I am jumping ahead of myself!

#40 at Adagir only has one grill. it is the number painted in white on the rear that looks like 2 grills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vue01410.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	47460

Comment

• Originally posted by Type550" post=20879
                              550-0020 is currently up for sale. I have heard from a reliable source and I also have documents indicating it is not the original. It was made up of panels and parts from 550-0079 when 0079 got rebodied into an RSK.

Andrew, is this all you are getting for your 3 Million? No 4-cam motor or cockpit?
                              Attached Files
                              Justin Rio

Comment

• That's the parts from 550-0079. The is what you get for your 3 big ones...

Name:	large_1406718071_bf2b84ed9323b08f72ccc4c7b5120623f7c97de0.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	845.6 KB
ID:	47470

Name:	large_1406717967_16d3f55bb3e255681dbd6f32b0a5598123b6f59e.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	754.0 KB
ID:	47469

Comment