No announcement yet.

62 bt6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful! Love the new bead-rolled seat shelf and the trans relief is also shaping up really nice! Roy, it is too bad we all live so far away but it actually might be to Neil's benefit as I'd probably make a pest of myself constantly dropping by for advice or to use his English wheel. Keep up this fantastic fabrication work Neil!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

thanks for the kind words Justin!

it wouldn't bother me anyone popping round, more the merrier lol,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150812_174453.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	65628

Name:	20150815_154937.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	65629

Name:	20150815_154948.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	65630

few pin holes to mig up but not to shabby.

started to finish off the l/h rear inner panel this weekend, thanks for following along

Comment

Well done mate this is beautiful fabrication and welding, something to aspire to.

Jonesy

Comment

Nice job on such complicated piece. Impressive fabrication skills you have Neil!
          Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Neil,

Just saw that you're over on Justin's forum! Welcome. I've been following you over on the R and it's coming along nicely.

John
            jjgpierce@yahoo.com

Comment

thank you for the kind words guys, its appreciated

well I've been busy doing the other side inner rear fender and outer 1/4 panel

Name:	20150905_163536.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	66846

Name:	20150905_181936.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	66847

Name:	20150905_182039.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	66848

Name:	20150906_105013.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	66849

Name:	20150906_105034.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	66850

fitting better now...

Name:	20150910_182044.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	66851

Name:	20150910_182108.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	66852

i got a little advice along with some tips when using the wheel and was told i could do the reverse curve in one long piece. so i had a go... it was a struggle with me only having one good hand but i got it done and slightly quicker than the last attempt! turning out pretty good

Comment

That is some impressive wheeling work Neil! You're really dialing in that compound curve nicely. I assume this is for another project and the original quarter panel in your shots is the fitting buck?
                Beautiful!
                Justin Rio

Comment

Originally posted by neilb" post=29857
                  ......it was a struggle with me only having one good hand but i got it done and slightly quicker than the last attempt! turning out pretty good
                  Pretty AND good.
                  I am sensitive to the "one good hand" quote and grew up appreciating all my mother could do with one good hand. Her right hand was 'disconnected' in a 1918 birthing mistake and never recovered to be usable, never grew....but boy, could she overcompensate! She was a great driver (think Otto Mathe as "The little old lady from Pasadena") and taught me how to drive in a column-shift '49 Plymouth designed for righties and then mastered a '59 Mercedes with a 4-speed column shift. Played tennis, field hockey, etc, with good results. Where there is a will, there is a way. She's 96 and still asks this lefty what he wants to do when he grows up....other than play with cars.
                  Keep up the great work!

-Bruce

Comment

thank you Justin, this panel will be being fitted to the car if i can get it to sit right.

Bruce, thank you for the kind words. i was diagnosed with CIDP in my left hand a couple of years ago. my grip is next to nothing now but i have to finish this car!.. lol

Comment

Neil
                      Following your progress on allmetalshaping.com also. Very nice work.
                      Phil

Comment

thanks Phil

there are some very talented people on that forum, I'm not one of them!

Comment

fitting better now...

Sheesh! It would take me a year to do that. Could I borrow you for a week? You could finish any one of my cars in 7 days. Can I pay in beer?
                          Attached Files

Comment

David, you are correct Neil has real talent and all mainly it seems with the full use of one hand. Bruce is right, his mum somehow just accepted she had to do everything with one hand, some people have so much more will power than others!

Just to see that wheeled panel Neil has produced made me realise just how skilled a panel beater has to be! To run from one radius into the transition of the larger one on that panel, makes mechanical repairs on cars almost straight forward if you have the correct spare parts

Great thread, but David your ' nose job ' is also looking really great too!

Roy

Comment

Originally posted by bbspdstr" post=29882
                              ......it was a struggle with me only having one good hand but i got it done and slightly quicker than the last attempt! turning out pretty good
                              Pretty AND good.
                              I am sensitive to the "one good hand" quote and grew up appreciating all my mother could do with one good hand. Her right hand was 'disconnected' in a 1918 birthing mistake and never recovered to be usable, never grew....but boy, could she overcompensate! She was a great driver (think Otto Mathe as "The little old lady from Pasadena") and taught me how to drive in a column-shift '49 Plymouth designed for righties and then mastered a '59 Mercedes with a 4-speed column shift. Played tennis, field hockey, etc, with good results. Where there is a will, there is a way. She's 96 and still asks this lefty what he wants to do when he grows up....other than play with cars.
                              Keep up the great work!

-Bruce
                              I missed that detail in Neil's original post. That just made what's being presented here all more impressive by a factor of at least 10! Both amazing and inspirational Neil!
                              Justin
                              Justin Rio

Comment

Sheesh! It would take me a year to do that. Could I borrow you for a week? You could finish any one of my cars in 7 days. Can I pay in beer?

umm now that's a tempting offer... lol, do i get to pick the beer?...

Comment

Working...
                                X