• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1078.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	530.7 KB
ID:	114525 Oh by the way, had some wind and rain this week, here bottom of the hill below my shop. Not that big of a deal, just can’t paint outside.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	15138909-22A1-4CEC-9151-0CE191E06E6E.jpeg Views:	149 Size:	233.8 KB ID:	112223
    Last edited by Jbrooks; 11-13-2023, 02:26 AM. Reason: Same view no storm
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

• JTR70
      JTR70 commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW! Par for the course I'm sure for you John but being a lifetime desert dweller I would be awestruck viewing storm surge like that in person.

I enjoy the quality and practicality of your work, Mr. Brooks. Always instructive.
    Please tell me more about your poodle.
    Best, John

Comment

John Jeffries

Off topic, but "Finn the Poodle" is a year old standard. Was brown as a puppy and changed to brown & silver at 6 months, the wife says its some genetic thing. Training him as a shop dog. so you may see him in some of the future repairs. Can't weld or drive yet, but keeps a ball close to the work area. Way bigger then the dachshund he replaced, but adequate for probably the last dog.

Comment

Dave

We used a bead roller and 16 GA sheet to form the replacement section. Formed the outer edges first and center last. Some hammer and dolly. Make the patch a little long and wide then trim it into the old section. Welded back in place. Slipped a piece of 22GA aluminum or copper sheet under the patch ( between the skin and stiffener) when welding to protect the surface paint from heat. Its a wedge shaped piece, just a little taper when you form the edges. A little tricky but not too hard, you can tack the patch in place and test fit on the car before welding it up solid. Two solid on one end and too small on the front just in case it needs adjusting to fit. I use the alignment pin holes in the hood to center everything. but the center lock latch is Point Zero for the hood alignment...

here is another kink repair https://forum.abcgt.com/forum/main-f...ink-new-projct.

Comment

Working...
        X