No announcement yet.

65C Garage Find, front floor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugs in, grinding begins. We are having a heat wave, got up tp 72 in the shop today. Not fun welding with all the heat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2017-06-25.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	89534

Name:	image_2017-06-25-2.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	89535

Both sides fit tight and we progress.
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

I agree. Anything over 75* we have to weld in shorts and Rainbow Sandals.
      Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

HAHA, true!
        trevorcgates@gmail.com
        Engine # P66909... are you out there
        Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

Jack
          Up here if it gets over 80 they give out free bottles of water at the stop light, and open the city hall for us old people to sit in the lobby and discover air conditioning. Good thing the windows open.

Comment

You poor things Last weeks record heat wave out here had the official temp still sitting at a 102 during the 10:30 PM local news. but it is a dry heat
            Justin Rio

Comment

Off topic, are we?
              I heard yesterday from a guy here in Collegeville that his son outside of Phoenix said that he could crumple up a sheet of newspaper, throw it on the paving and watch it catch fire!

That it is over 120* out there.....and possibly like we learned in Scouts, with a magnifying glass...don't know the truth.....but this old guy is NOT going to visit his son for the 4th.

However, I have been in Vegas and walked out of a hotel into what felt like a hair-dryer wind and see the digital temps sign across the street say "117*".....but, as Justin says; "but it is a dry heat."

Ahhhh, ethanol and now global warming to make our air and oil cooled little cars struggle......

Bruce

Comment

All done but the pedals. Bob Brooks is just fantastic with metal.

Name:	image_2017-07-01.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	89625

Use a 3m self leveling seam sealer for the edges. We like it since it's a 2 part, clear and fairly liquid so it flows well into the gaps. Has. 10 minute work life and smooths it's self out. You can brush it for a minute or two but when It's looks like epoxy, and sticky you step back and watch it glaze

Name:	image_2017-07-01-2.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	89626
                Under side is sealed primed and painted, awaiting an altitude change for the rest of the under coat removal and treatment. Not doing that on my back.

Name:	image_2017-07-01-3.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	89627

After the prime, seam seal, a coat of Utethane Truck Bed liner. Not heavy but enough to keep the rain and snow drippings from your feet away form the metal. This I believe will work better than the Shatz. If you do this just be sure you get all the rust first. I will tell you in twenty years how it worked.

Name:	image_2017-07-01-4.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	89628

Name:	image_2017-07-01-5.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	89629
                Soon off to the next project.
                Thanks for looking

Comment

Originally posted by bbspdstr" post=39192
                  Off topic, are we?
                  I heard yesterday from a guy here in Collegeville that his son outside of Phoenix said that he could crumple up a sheet of newspaper, throw it on the paving and watch it catch fire!
                  [quote="bbspdstr" post=39192]More off topic.. Thanks for posting that Bruce. It immediately made me think of the seminal bookstore (sadly long closed) "Fahrentheit 451 Books" that opened in Laguna Beach 1968, across the street from Otto's original "Sound Specrtum". This was the time that Laguna and all these little beach towns were sleepy little enclaves. We were reeling from the effects of the JFK,Bobby, King, assassinations, The draft, and the Chicago Demogogic Convention riots, described as a Police riot by FBI investigation. We got Dick as our leader. Well, I could go on, but give me a break. I'll be 66 on Monday...
                  Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

J:
                    Wow, those floors really looks great!

You are making me feel bad. My '65 needs floors and I have been putting it off for 11 years now. My car needs the backs also, but what do you expect for a car that spent the first 52 years of its life in Florida.

You whip yours out in two weeks. So what is my excuse now? Got to get motivated! Thanks,
                    Steve
                    Steve Clarke
                    '65 C coupe
                    '73 911

Comment

Where is it? Bring it over before We reconfigure the shop for terrys 64C coupe repaint. Its not hard, but takes the right tools. We have only worked a couple hours a day in the evenings, this one was not too bad.

Next

Name:	image_2017-07-02.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	89641
                      This one will take longer. Terry started the floor, and last fall put aircraft stripped on it it's been sitting in an un heated building for a year. Surface rust and stripper balls. Will be interesting.

Name:	image_2017-07-02-2.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	89642

Comment

J:
                        Thanks for the offer, but Whidbey Island is a stretch from North Carolina. I used to spend time at Boeing. Too much rain for me. Plus I am looking at the whole project as a character building exercise.
                        Steve
                        Steve Clarke
                        '65 C coupe
                        '73 911

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrooks View Post
                          Where is it? Bring it over before We reconfigure the shop for terrys 64C coupe repaint. Its not hard, but takes the right tools. We have only worked a couple hours a day in the evenings, this one was not too bad.

Next

Name:	image_2017-07-02.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	89641
                          This one will take longer. Terry started the floor, and last fall put aircraft stripped on it it's been sitting in an un heated building for a year. Surface rust and stripper balls. Will be interesting.

Name:	image_2017-07-02-2.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	89642
                          "Stripper balls" gave me a very bad visual. Great job on the floors!

Comment

Working...
                          X