No announcement yet.

356 Cockpits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just found this great interior in the link below. Great stuff all around.
    Cheers,
    Joel

Click image for larger version

Name:	2bab5020-bde7-11e4-ba16-71ad24de3750_1959_Porsche_356_A_Coupe_0034.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	57192

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/ferrari-parked-in-office-33-years-heads-toward--3-4-million-sale-192725061.html

Comment

• Joel.....Ahhhh yes can't you just smell that original aroma that only the original materials produce. Worth it's weight in Patina. Only the older folks know what I'm referring too.

Comment

• Max,
        So true, that old wool, horsehair, hide of the Nauga mixed with a bit of oil smoke from the heaters and the detrius of time. Today an extremely unlikely
        experience for but a few. Wonder if Brad could find a perfumer to develop
        a scent for 356 interiors that's a match to that most excellent trigger of memory for many of our lot.
        Cheers,
        Joel

Comment

• I have always thought that an interesting concept. maybe a fragrance name porsche 356, or how about Ferrari GTO. I'm sure they have their own unique scent . It could be produced in a spray bottle so we could mist our interiors to reel us back to yesterday. Or maybe a great scent to spray in the old gents retirement home to waft him back to those forgotten summer rides.

Can you imagine all the fragrances you could create to bring back yesteryear. I wonder why it hasn't be done ?? The only thing close I can remember was English leather, and can't really say it reminded me of leather but still a nice smell.

Comment

• Originally posted by spyderwerks" post=25533
            Joel.....Ahhhh yes can't you just smell that original aroma that only the original materials produce. Worth it's weight in Patina. Only the older folks know what I'm referring too
            So true, that old wool, horsehair, hide of the Nauga mixed with a bit of oil smoke from the heaters and the detrius of time. Today an extremely unlikely.
            So true indeed.
            I made the mistake of having original seats redone, and did not specify to retain the original horse hair stuffing. That was a big mistake. Foam just does not smell or sit the same. That is something worth preserving.
            Tom
            Atlanta
            Registry Number: Who Cares??

Comment

• As well as the old padding I think a lot of the signature 356 aroma is due to the tar and the oil soaked paper sound deadener lining. Also the faintest of fumes put out by the inboard fuel cock.
              Justin Rio

Comment

• Didn't Kramer on Seinfeld do something like that, the smell of the beach perfume?

Comment

• Here's what I remember of two different original Porsche's back in the day. Both had this distinct interior smell. One a 58 Speedster so sans the sound deadening material, the other a 59 coupe.

It was kind of a sweet smell so I suspected the seat inner material , which has been mentioned as horsehair. I've also heard it referred to as coconut hair or matting . Can either of these two products be verified ?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	capture097850.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	57348

Comment

• My interiors always smelled of pipe tobacco, latikia mostly.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2015-03-01.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	57418

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2015-03-01-2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	57419
                        trevorcgates@gmail.com
                        Engine # P66909... are you out there
                        Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

• Trevor,
                          First time I've seen the bench seat option in a B car. Wonder how many were produced. Seat back seems totally different from other B/C cars. Wonder if the seat was the same as A model bench ? Also wonder if they fitted headrests to these.
                          Cheers,
                          Joel

Comment

• Thanks Trevor!

Those are definitely early pre-A and/or 356AT1 "Fatback" seat backs. I'd swear this was retrofitted into this car Joel. I don't think I've seen a later T2 version bench seat. Has anyone?
                            Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

• Justin,
                              These were options for the T-6 B cars. The catalog used the same photo from the A cars with a B shift lever and steering wheel airbrushed in. Scroll through the following link.
                              http://derwhites356literature.com/356-BT-6Accessories.html
                              Speedster seats also on offer.
                              Cheers,
                              Joel

Comment

• There's a thread on the Registry with some bench seat discussion and hearsay from Jim Breazeale, probably good info knowing how long he's been involved with Porsche. To me it makes sense that Porsche did one production run of these and that was it.
                                trevorcgates@gmail.com
                                Engine # P66909... are you out there
                                Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X