No announcement yet.

356 The way it was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jack, great background info, Now I "see" the front hubs. How do you know about this car; Does it come in for service now and again??
    My old mentor spoke of guys in the late 60's trying to utilize olds Toronato drivetrains both front and rear but the challenge was syncing them up which he said at the time was an impossibility. Probably syncing up the individual turbo 400 transmissions. No problem now of course with ECU's and electronic transmissions.
    Justin Rio

Comment

• Yes, it was quite a remarkable machine. It also featured a remote supercharger for each engine, powered by chain saw motors that were controlled via separate linkage to the cockpit!
      Some info/pics on this google search:
      http://www.google.com/search?sclient=tablet-gws&client=safari&hl=en&q=fageol+porsche+356&oq=fageol+porsche+356&gs_l=tablet-gws.3...22721.26661.1.28046.8.8.0.0.0.0.378.1955.0 j2j4j2.8.0....0...1c.1.64.tablet-gws..0.1.254...30i10k1.zHofahEyR0k
      Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

• Thank you Jack, I had no idea about this car other than an early attempt at restyling.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ystdd7897.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	79060
        The in car in action.
        ~Vance

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	ytdd7088.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	79197

Comment

Name:	ystddd1088.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	79332

Comment

• Is that a Carrera Convertible D?

Comment

• Yes. That is a Carrera ConvD. I need to look at the Carrera book there were not that many, and probably only a couple with a hard top
                Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

• Great find Vance! It sure is one of the Unicorn Carrera D's. One of the only two or three units ever produced by the factory. All of which are unaccounted for last time Steve H. spoke about them.
                  Very cool!
                  Justin
                  Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	ystd4519.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	79566

Comment

Name:	ystdd11064.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	79625

Comment

Name:	ystddd128hdservice.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	79736

Comment

Name:	ystdd689.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	79779

Comment

• Guys,
                            After my wife, Nina of 58 years marriage, passed away on August 20th I was looking for a picture of the Roadster, 88971, and finally found one. This was taken on Easter 1966, when I was stationed at Andrews AFB, of our two kids, Carrie then about 5 now 57 and Jeff then about 1 1/2 years now 53 in October.

Name:	1.Easter1966ClintonMDCarrieJeffTheRoadster.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	79783
                            On Sunday 9/18 Classics On The Green will be held at the New Kent Winery. We should have 8 or 9 356s attending. Lufteknic is doing a story board of the car, its restoration process and this picture leads the way in its history.
                            Dick

Comment

• Dick, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. My sincerest condolences to you and to your family. That is a great photo, thank you for sharing it with us.
                              Best wishes to you, stay well.
                              Justin
                              Justin Rio

Comment

• Very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife Dick.
                                ~Vance

Name:	ystdd2932.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	79988

Comment

Working...
                                X