No announcement yet.

Speedster in a Barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Erik! That marbled/hammer tone finish I am also very familiar with unfortunately.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Just another photo.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P6290404.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	21479

Comment

Erik, Thanks for sharing the story & pic's. I see you must be into the American classic as well. I enjoy all cars myself. I have a 64 Barracuda & 65 Formula S Barracuda and the wife's driver is a 65 Ford Falcon They keep my 55 Speedster company in the shop. Plus my 2 daughters have cars 1 has a 66 Mustang and the other a 69 Camero then my son has a 71 Dodge Charger. So as you can imagine we are always enjoying the car hobbie.
        Keep the faith and enjoy them.

George

Comment

George, The Camaros belonged to a friend. He wasn't very mechanically minded but he had cash to pay me to. I did however have a variety of Pontiacs. My daily driver for years was a 77 Lemans Can Am T/A 6.6. I also had a 73 Lemans GT 3 Speed I built as a pro street car. Also a 69 Firebird. The 58 Speedster is my favorite. When I get it back on the road I may find another project. Sounds like you have a shop full. Erik

Name:	P6290433.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	21512

Comment

Erik, I like the Pontiacs as well 68/69 Firebirds my favorite, I had a 67 Lemans with a 389 real sleeper but when family started and the first gas war I sold it and got a VW Bug what a change but the milage was great. LOL
            My 55 Speedster like your 58 is my favorite and holds a dear spot as it was the car I bought right out of high school and that was 1965.
            Have a Great 4th.
            George

Comment

Ahhhh, 1965 WAS a very good year...that's when I got my first Speedster and just out of high school for a year....and jus' sayin' for s&g's, I saw a '57 Bel Air convertible with the top down yesterday, the same as the one my father bought new...and it rekindled those same feelings you guys are describing.
              Good to see you here George!

-Bruce

Comment

Name:	IMG_1478.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	21587
                Well here is her car and my car

Comment

Name:	11-06-2010033901PM.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	21589
                  This is right after graduation and just before I left for the Army and my buddy for the Navy. I'm the one on the left. damn that was a few years back. It was are last big fling before we left and 30 days after graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by George" post=9330
                    This is right after graduation and just before I left for the Army and my buddy for the Navy. I'm the one on the left. damn that was a few years back. It was are last big fling before we left and 30 days after graduation.
                    Is your friend still around? If so you should re-stage that picture. It is classic. You guys looked too cool there.
                    Attached Files
                    Mark Erbesfield
                    57 356A
                    65 911
                    68 912
                    73 911S
                    66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
                    79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

I don't know lost track of him shortly after returning from the Army and him from the Navy. I got married and so did he then we both moved to different parts of the country. No one from the high school graduating class has been able to find him either so don't know what happened to him seems to have dropped of the end of the world. But a re-inactment of the photo would be kool even if we wouldn't. LOL

Comment

I assume you have tried internet searches?
                        Mark Erbesfield
                        57 356A
                        65 911
                        68 912
                        73 911S
                        66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
                        79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

Mark, Yes plus all my old class mates. His older brother passed away years ago and parents also so kind of a dry trail until something or some one find him.

Have a great 4th. George

Comment

I'm 54 years old in the same town I grew up in and I rarely see any of my old school chums. The ones that were car guys aren't any more. There are some still around but we don't hang out like we used to.
                            For now I'll just have to get my car club fix from guys like you. The Speedster is getting close to being back on the road. This forum with the photos and youthful, friendly atmosphere has given me more incentive than some "others". In the meantime, I can drive the Pontiac "Speedster"
                            Erik

Name:	P6300471.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	21603

Comment

Erik, where are you located? I'm in Merrill Oregon and the closest 356 is 90 miles away but lots of American classic iron here in town. George

Comment

Erik, thanks for the great feedback on the site! Its only because of great guys like you that keeps this place interesting.(thank you) That is a cool little "stand-in" roadster! Justin
                                Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                                X