This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Abcgt Forum

Welcome to the Abcgt Forums! We are honored and excited to have you here. If you are willing, please share with us who you are, your interest, and why you became a member of this Site. New members are most welcomed and we hope to see all of you on a regular basis.

My name is Mark Erbesfield. I live in Atlanta, GA. I have been a Porsche Nut since I was a kid. I currently have three flavors of Pcars. 57 356A, 68 912, and a 73 911S. I would like to welcome everyone.
    Mark Erbesfield
    57 356A
    65 911
    68 912
    73 911S
    66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

My name is Pat Daily, live in Richmond, VA and owned a 63 356B coupe for 18 years. Looking forward to this forum as it develops.

Pat

Comment

Just checking in. Always glad to see opportunities to get the Porsche family together.

Bob Forman

Comment

I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I'm retired Air Force M/sgt and I'm 67 yrs old and have 1955 Speedster which I bought right after high school graduation in 1965 I live in Merrill Oregon where I enjoy classic cars of all types, I currently have a 1964 Barracuda, 1965 Barracuda and a 1965 Falcon to keep my Speedster company. I'm not a purest and believe a car should be driven and enjoyed how ever I also feel that what a person does with or to his car is his right. I also like clone and replicas.
          I'm looking forward to meeting and communicating with other 356 ers. Hope all are enjoying and having a great Porsche summer. George

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1009.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1321

Name:	1006.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1320

I just figured out how to post to this forum and wanted to post a couple of pictures of my Speedster

Comment

Originally posted by George" post=49

I just figured out how to post to this forum and wanted to post a couple of pictures of my Speedster
              George, welcome. What an awesome speedster. I love the custom touches. Very cool indeed.
              Attached Files
              Mark Erbesfield
              57 356A
              65 911
              68 912
              73 911S
              66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
              79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

George, This car is "PIMPIN!" You've owned so long; did you comission the upholstry job or did you buy it this way? Its a great time capsule! I love it! Thank you for posting this! Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, My mother picked out the material and sewed it the design was her own idea, my sister picked out the color and my dad did the paint job. It was all done while I was in Viet Nam in 1966 as a home coming surprise for me. The material was real popular in ski boats and bass boats back in the mid 60"s and it was about the cheapest material you could buy. The car is pretty much a time capsule form that era as I haven't changed a thing on it other than the SC engine that Richard Troy and I put together in May the engine only has about 400 miles on it right now and sure makes the Speedster fun to drive. I still have the 1500 N engine that came in the car in 1965 when I purchased it. I hope to rebuild it some day if and when I get the extra funds.
                  Well that is the short story of the Lavender Speedster which I have nick named Eleanor. Because when I started getting her road worthy she keep coming up with these little problem that made me pull my hair out. I guess she was just getting even for me putting her in storage for 30 some years. Glade you enjoyed the pictures and have a great Porsche summer. George

Comment

That is one of the most fantastic background stories I have heard George. I thought my car carried sentimental value; you'v got me beat hands down! Your Family really captured the essence of the custom car culture of the 60's and early 70's. My father had a bunch of old Hotrod magazines that I used to look through; the minute I saw your interior it brought me right back to those old photos in there of the T-buckets, gassers etc. competing at the LA Roadster shows during that era. I have no doubt she fought you after a 30 year slumber. "A body at rest tends to stay at rest" Thanks again for sharing this really great piece of personal history! So glad to see you driving and enjoying her after all these years! Justin
                    Justin Rio

Comment

George - there can't be many cars like yours!

I also found this forum through Jason - I live in Canberra too, and met Jason last year at the annual german cars show - Autofest.

My wife had a '80 SC when i met her and since then we have bought a 996 (investment mistake - should have stuck with looking for a 993...), sold he SC and about 18 months ago bought an Australian delivered '63 T6. We love the car.

My first sports car was a Triumph TR6 - as I couldn't afford an Austin Healey. But the first sports car I stopped and checked out as a hopeful buyer was a 356A in a burnt orange colour for sale from the local porsche dealer in Adelaide. I could see myself slipping along through the hills around the city ... sadly then, the $32K they were asking was out of my league.

Comment

Welcome aboard Simon! Its great to have you join us. I owe Jason a beer for sure. Very interesting car history. I am glad to hear that you finally got a 356 purchase under your belt. How long have you owned this car?
                        Best Regards, Justin
                        Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	268606_2110450677304_1126720972_32425407_4310494_n.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2079
                          Simon and all, Glad you enjoyed the story and pictures of my Lavender Speedster, I've nick named her Eleanor as she was giving me a real argument about being road worthy after 30+ yrs of storage. But since installing a rebuild SC engine and almost 1000 miles on her she has become a joy to drive and seeems to be over her mad for being in storage for all those years. I hope everyone is enjoying there cars this summer. George

Comment

George, I love that picture so nice to see you and Eleanor enjoying each others company on the open road! Congratulations on getting her up and running after all this time. I'll try to enjoy my car though I'm not having as much fun as you are!!
                            Best regards, Justin

BTW: noticed that your car is exactly the same color as the "now on Line" button under our avatars.
                            Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, The day will come when you will enjoy your car as much as I'm enjoying mine plus you have a great story of your love of labor to go with it. I'm sure that once you get it on the road you will have great pictures to share with all of us.
                              Plus the pride of knowing each and everything that has been done to her is with your own hands and skills. She will thank you for bringing her back to life with many great miles of fun driving. Steady as she goes and keep up the great work. George

Comment

Working...
                              X