Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much Bruce and Roy! There has been a ton of time and personal effort required in keeping this site alive, at least in the very beginning for sure. Now with this basic group of great guys like yourselves lending a hand in sharing your expertise, the lift isn't quite as heavy as it once was. My thanks and gratitude to you all for this! The monetary contribution is very thoughtful and of course would be welcomed but its not necessary as I consider your time and effort posting here compensation enough. Thank you once again for all the nice thoughts and words and most importantly for being part of this little site. Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

I'm also new here and I'm looking forward to learn from you guys.

I hope to really enjoy being a part of this forum

Comment

Windows,

Nice to see you join up. If you have or would like a 356 this site will be useful. You have Justin I guess a short distance away. If I lived in Vagas I would have been round to his place a long time ago just that Atlantic and some desert, gets in the way unfortunately

Roy

Comment

Cool another local guy! Thanks for joining us and Welcome!!

Thank you Roy!
          Justin Rio

Comment

New here on website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaaa11image.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	61759

I have a 56 speedster that I will be restoring. It needs alot of work but has good bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dshpprd" post=27599
              New here on website. I have a 56 speedster that I will be restoring. It needs a lot of work but has good bones.
              Welcome. Your '56 has already gotten the best, least expensive and easiest to install hood seal...and the engine bay should already have the oil tank port under a piece of tarpaper on the left side and the mount for the fuel separator should you be thinking of installing a 4-cam engine....
              Interesting mix of older and newer bits and pieces on a '56 and I, for one, would look forward to pictures of your Speedster's idiosyncrasies.
              -Bruce Baker

Comment

Hi David, Thank you for joining us here and welcome! Looks like a very nice car! looking forward to watching your progress. Welcome once again!
                Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

Originally posted by bbspdstr" post=27327
                  Also personally (and back to the point), I have a soft spot [...] '53 Coupes, 51604 and 51605, in '65-'66. I remember the numbers being that were 'sister' cars, but I forget which one lived and which one gave it's life so the other could. I also had a '53 Cabriolet early on, pre-'68, but that didn't stay with me very long, as someone else wanted it more than I did (read: a profit was made, perhaps $50?) So, obviously, I also have a soft spot for the primitive '53 cars coming from my formative years. The '53 Coupe I finished as a hobbyist was my school 'commuter' car when a Speedster was, by design, "impractical." More 'fun' in an A than a pre-A but less so in the cold and rain or snow on trips from PA to CT for weekends with my pre-wife.
                  Thanks for reminding me of that Bruce. We actually met a couple years ago at Ski Roundtop for Air-cooled swap meet and were talking '53 pre-As. I showed up late (never having been to a swap meet before) at 3pm thinking I might find something. You were the only one still around, chatting with the organizer. We had a good chin-wag. I was there with my wife and dog. I missed it this year, and apparently missed out on some good pre-A stuff according to a friend.

I'm moving from Connecticut to Baltimore in a few weeks, so I know the corridor! Thanks for the warm welcome, and sorry for my delayed response!

James

Comment

Working...
                  X