• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murf,
    A couple of posts coming your way!
    Dick

Comment

Hi All,
      A couple of nice cars from a show in Hua Hin Thailand last week. Convertible D and a 63 coupe (I think).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	32633

Name:	IMG_0013.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	32634

Name:	IMG_0014.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	32635

Name:	IMG_0023.JPG
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	32636

Comment

Thanks for sharing these Murf! Not a convertible D but a T2 58 or 59 Cabriolet. RHD too! The coupe is either a '64 or '65 "C" (by the rear badging). Always amazes me to see these cars in far flung corners of the world and in such nice shape too! Thanks again! Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Murf,
          Been intending to comment since your first post, but like many good intentions....

I like your "Beast". Always enjoy seeing cars with lots of dash plaques on them too. A sure sign of an owners long standing love and affection!

I've got a Roadster also (T5 D'Ieteren car). A project, slowly coming together. I keep threatening Justin I am going to start posting pictures here.

Take care,
          DG

Comment

Just in case you thought I was slacking off,,,, I finished the overseas contract and have now moved the beast from Toronto to BC. Here are a few shots of her with sun on her back for the first time in 42 odd years.
            Project to start once I get through the Honey Do list (which after 4 years is somewhat substantial.
            Cheers

Comment

Hey Murf,
              No shots!!???
              Dick

Comment

drama uploading pics Dick,, bear with me

Email sent Murf. Justin

Comment

Hi Justin, Incompatibility between Mozilla and Picasa was the issue. Here are a few shots. Cheers

Name:	20140625_135610_600x600_100KB.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	47049

Name:	20140625_135621_600x600_100KB.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	47050

Name:	20140625_135631_600x600_100KB.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	47051

Name:	20140625_135641_600x600_100KB.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	47052

Comment

Looks like a super project Murf to me. Can't lose money on that one

Roy

Comment

Hey Murf,
                      Concur with Roy!
                      Drop some $$ into this Roadster.
                      I sent the link to Chris at Lufteknic so he could see your car.
                      At lunch yesterday we were discussing the 'new'
                      356 valuations that were posted in the current Excellence Porsche Buyers Guide.
                      Some feel there is a bubble that is to burst like a 'correction' in the stock market however.
                      I tried to scan the $$ amounts that were posted in the article. The right side of the scan is a little blurry but if you 'squint' you can make out the amounts-I hope!
                      Enjoy and dream!

Dick

Name:	1.2014Excellence356Valuations.jpg
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	47139

Comment

Thanks Dick! That is one of the more accurate price scales I have seen based on recent auction results I am familiar with. There of course will always be the "correction" as is natural with any other market. However, just like gasoline prices for instance they shoot up to new record highs relax and come down for bit but never return to the previous low price. The continued depreciation of the dollar is another factor making cars and other goods appear to be worth more when in fact the dollar is just worth less.
                        Justin Rio

Comment

Yep!
                          I looked at the numbers published the year before in their issue and they have risen significantly.
                          The comments at the shop were, 'Are they too valuable to drive on the road anymore'?
                          Dick

Comment

Thanks for the table Dick. Amazing prices and really puts in perspective the $800. I paid for the beast back in 69. lol
                            Right now I am evaluating the level of restoration for her. My intent is to keep as much as possible as I have seen cars that are more or less new with all the replacement bits.
                            First pass on the condition: typical of a Toronto car, both outer longs are shot BUT the inners and heater tubes are very solid, so for that I am very grateful. Front and rear closing panels require work, but apart from those bits (all of which can be dealt with as Justin has done on this site,,, very grateful J.), I think the project should be straight forward. There are numerous scratches and little dents where I will bring the pros in. The guys at Weissach Porsche in Vancouver BC have recommended an engine guy.
                            Also, I did manage to get the bits I need from the good folks at Restoration Design in Guelph, Ontario, which is quite close to Toronto, prior to the drive out west. (If you ever get to Toronto, try to make it out to RD for a tour of their shop,, very very impressive)
                            Now, what to do about the red shag carpet that the original owner installed? It was quite the thing back in the 60's. Maybe not quite as original as I would like. LOL, Cheers

Comment

Just read the note on Justin's speedster thread about a well known Canadian! I am discussing some of the restoration phases with OriginalRestorations out of Courtenay BC. Hopefully this is not the same Canadian mentioned. Any feedback on this shop would be gratefully received. Jim Stepan is the owner. Cheers!!

Comment

Working...
                              X