Views:	38
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1297
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070542.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	1295

Hey Max, Thank you for sharing these pictures of this beautiful speedster! I can tell this is a quality build for sure. Lots correct details and original 356 parts. It is on 356 brakes correct and not the drum skins? By the looks of the kick-panel and foot well area its not on a bug pan but has a custom tube chassis? I like the reinforcing strut runners in the door frames. What motor/trans does it have? Very nice car!
    Thanks again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Thanks Justin

Yes the manufacture Intermeccanica builds the best replica Speedster & Conv, D's bar none. They are costly ranging from 65k to well over 100k depending on the build, and in my opinion well worth the price. Henry Reisner the owner takes great pride in his products & is wonderful to deal with. You should look up his web site when it comes back on line, its been down for maintenance the past two weeks.

I've owned 4 original Speedsters & wouldn't mind having an original, but to be honest this one is more fun to drive than my originals & at 150 to 200k I can't get too excited. It does have 4 wheel disk brakes & wheelskinz's , which are necessary due to the blue printed 145hp Type 1, 2110 cc stroker engine built by Pat Downs of CB Performance. This engine is just wonderful & would compare nicely to the 1883 & 1900 built by John Wilhoit. Its amazing what the VW World of performance has achieved compared to the 356 & at a fraction of the cost.

It is a boxed frame that is jigged up & welded then riveted & bonded to the special built one piece bodied produced exclusively by Intermeccanica. This platform is uber strong & can support your choice of engines from a 250 hp 3.2 Carrera to what ever your imagination can dream up. Yes Quality is what these special built repo's are all about. Oh and BTW at 80 mph with the top up no buffeting whatsoever, the top is still tight as a drum after ten years, but top will remain down 99% of the time.

Comment

Thanks Max! I'll definitely have a look at thier website. The build price sounds definitely in line with a properly built custom car. Yours looks quality all the way! Thanks again for posting pictures of it!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Very nice ride you have. With the power plant and tube frame it must be a hoot to drive. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a 55 Speedster and appreciate the replica Speedster just as much as a original. Like you stated at todays prices of a Speedster not many people can afford them so we are lucky to have the replica folks producing cars for us poot folks. I bout my 55 Speedster back in 1965 right after graduation from high school and that is the only reason I have a original other wise I would be enjoying a replica.
          Thanks once again for sharing your car with us and enjoy it. George

Comment

Thanks George

Yes they are great fun. Some have said when the magic wares off I'll be back to an original. Time will tell, but I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Max,
              Like the car. The shape metal or plastic is everything. Even better when the job is done in such a nice way. Really nice.

Roy

Comment

Thanks Roy, I let two of my good friends inspect & drive it today.Both old time Porsche 356 guys who also have owned multiple Factory Speedsters to name a few. One with past ownership of a vintage Ferrari Super America. They were both blown away by the Quality of Build & outrageous performance. I'm very fortunate to have ownership......Thank You Scott Sloan.

Comment

Max,

Looking at your car again, I have a question. I saw that Justin thought you had original drum brakes but you advised they are discs because of the power output. They look so original 356 the wheels and the fake?? drums. How are the discs disguised behind these covers? The more I look at the photo the more I am confused they look so real.

Roy

Comment

Hi Roy

The covers over the disk brake hubs are DrumSkinZ, they are aluminum , They were later painted with a magnesium colored paint because I liked the contrast between the silver painted wheel & faux hubs. The disk hubs are fitted with the old 5 wide Porsche /VW bolt pattern. Check out this site for a better understanding :http://www.fibersteel.com/OldSite/DrumSkinZ.htm
                    Best Max H

Comment

Max,

Now I understand after looking at the website you entered. They look great, what a difference to the wheels they make. Luckily my originals have been well looked after, I started polishing them with Solvol autosol about 25 years ago and they shine. Bit sad really, polishing aluminium, but when I was younger polishing aluminium crankcases, carbs, timing cases etc on my Norton and BSA bikes was the thing to do Maybe times have moved on but I guess I havn't.

Roy

Comment

FOR SALE

2003 INTERMECCANICA SPEEDSTER

IMO One of the Finest Speedsters Henry has produced , a pure , Iconic example

of a beautiful tribute to the to the 56 GT Speedster. 33K Miles, absolutely breath-

taking in Stone Grey, Oatmeal Square Weave with deep tan vinyl. 2210 Type 1 ,146

HP with 150 ft lbs of torque @5000 rpm built by Pat Downs of CB Performance.

IRS rear suspension with new Koni's all around. A taller 4th gear for relaxed hiway

crusing. I can't say enough about the Quality Build of this car, Henry is the master

of the Replica Speedsters & Roadster we love so much. This car is a BLAST to drive &

the only reason its for sale is because of the need for cash. The price is 50k & if

your aware of the cost to duplicate you'll know thats a good deal. You can reach me

at 415 265 6063 (cell) for any questions or my email spyderwerks@comcast.net

Registered in Calif. under the SB100 program & is Smog Exempt for life.

Name:	ForbiddingSky.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	14933

Name:	scott4.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	14937

Name:	scott3.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	14938

Name:	scott2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	14936

Name:	scott1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	14934

Name:	scott5.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	14935

Comment

Name:	0807kc_14_zporsche_speedster_frenzyintermeccanica_rear_view_2013-04-04.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	15939

Comment

Cool lookin but is it just me or does it look Olive green?
                            60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

It depends on the light, the color is called Stone Grey, & does have a green tone. Most people love it, its great in person.

[attachment]IMG_3180.jpg[/attachment]

Comment

Working...
                              X