No announcement yet.

Type 550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Spyder was originally registered as a 1970 VW roadster. They found out which year it was first registered in New Zealand and that is the build year they changed it to. The system sucks!
    Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

Definately, the System sucks.

but one thing they can't take away is the cool from the car.

Comment

The title process is simple on our end, and this would be new territory to be left to the buyer in your country. I sell you the original 1953-1955 Porsche carcass, or rights to build (remains of chassis with title). We have some states that title them as they look/ appear. 1955 Porsche 550.
        It is imported to the respective country with a legitimate USA title. NO grey area. From there it is in your hands.
        We BUY $ell Trade any NOS green Porsche metal!
        Call toll free today.
        877-356-8827

Comment

... So you have a spare original 550 chassis lying around?

Comment

Spares are built to order. Several cars have been scanned around the world. Obviously you can get dead on clones in aluminum, capricorn engines, and such.
            I leave that to those who like that 'flavor' and stick to exotic fibers, like aramid. Since we pulled molds from an original 550 and have an old original dimensioned Mishawaka car...frames were needed.
            The only original spare frame I know of was a burned POS that is being resurrected on the east coast. I hear a duplicate is being done on the west coast. The last frame that rolled through Atlanta was raced at the track here and sold to a German. It was the Duralite. We have all of the paperwork and build order. New owner 'restored' that frame to a 550 as well.
            Call toll free today.
            877-356-8827

Comment

I know the guy who has the frame and is building the rest of the 550 around it. He is also building 4 other 'recreations' in aluminium at the same time. I have a set of blueprints and also a 3D scan from an original for that day when I have nothing better to do with my time and money

Comment

Yeah, we've sold him parts for the BBQ-ed 550.
                Cool CAD stuff you have. Sounds like my Porsche Abarth parts, but still need a good scan of mods made to the B chassis.
                Call toll free today.
                877-356-8827

Comment

it was beautifully engineered, but it didn't feel like driving a classic!

Comment

Love your 550 - i'm sure i can find a spot for it in our garage

Why has the fact that its air cooled been an issue with Vic Roads? Club plates gets you cheaper rego and up to 5000km too doesn't it?

Comment

Air cooled is bad because it does not meet emissions! The club permit is good now as you get cheap rego and you can drive it 50 days a year anywhere. When I first went on it, I could only drive it on club events which wasn't very often!

Comment

We have a list of Australian Design Regulations (ADRs) that have to be met to be compliant - the P550 wouldn't tick many boxes, just like a spyder

Comment

time to move...
                          Call toll free today.
                          877-356-8827

Comment

Agreed, time to move.

I am gonna wait for your invite once you are back in the Caribbean then I will move in with you !

Jason

Comment

Buena suerte!

Click image for larger version

Name:	024.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	2126
                              Call toll free today.
                              877-356-8827

Comment

Beautiful shot Ric! Something to look forward to...

Hey Andrew, you mentioned reproducing the manifolds for the autopulse pumps. I am in need of the internal hallow studs that attach them to the pump port and the brass caps that go over top. Keep me in mind if you offer these items as well.
                                Thanks! Justin
                                Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                                X