Jack Staggs Annual 356th party Dec 19, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Trevor,

Thank you for sharing your photos here! I was going to make it out this time but I came down with a really bad sore throat and cold on Friday morning and just got to feeling almost normal only yesterday. Anyway, here's looking forward to next years. Thanks again for posting what we all missed out on. Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Originally posted by JTR70" post=31344
      Sure Jack, I'll contact him directly. Don't know any of the AZ guys but I think David Gensler does.
      Justin
      Didn't see this until yesterday (Dec 25). But next year I'm going to have to plane to drive out there. That is, assuming oddball desert dwellers from NM are welcome. Looks like a great time.
      DG

Comment

"But next year I'm going to have to plane to drive out there"?

While I suppose that sentence from a dessert dweller may contain a typo, it could actually be a truism for a Pennsylvanian...unless I retire some day.

Like my other Porsche-oriented visits to CA (excepting my one from Texas in '70 via a VW Squareback), it was a plane ride and rental car kind of trip.

Still, it looks as if Jack's San Clemente party is worth the trip. Thanks for the pictures, Trevor.

-Bruce

Comment

Plane, Plan, whats the difference? Us desert dwellers are mostly illiterate anyway. Not suave and sophisticated like Pennsylvania folks. Actually I'm afraid I'm not "cool" enough to hang with the California crowd, being sort of what used to be termed a "square".

Yup, nice pictures Trevor!

Comment

Sorry you couldn't make it Justin, next year for sure!

You're welcome for all the pics guys.

Lots of fun this year. Maybe it was just me, but I talked with more new younger guys (20's~40's) this year than I remember in years past. I met a guy named Ian who has that 60 silver coupe (parked on the street with no hubcaps). Matt Hummel http://petrolicious.com/this-porsche-356-is-driven-against-the-grain was there and we were talking door handles, Pre A and early A cars. Also saw Andrew who has that notch with the surfboard on top (and a ratty roadster), as well as ABCGT's very own Tom Perazzo - caught up talking welding and paint with him. Always good to see you Tom! And a bunch of other guys that I unfortunately forgot their names.

Most of all thanks go to Jack for organizing this whole shindig and who has let me turn his storage area into a make shift metal workshop of sorts and display the repairs we've done to Craig's 60 Coupe while it is on the Tilter.
            trevorcgates@gmail.com
            Engine # P66909... are you out there
            Fun 356 events in SoCal = http://356club.org/

Comment

Working...
            X