• Show
Clear All

• Original 356A owners manual / Time capsule

Click image for larger version

Name:	787.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1191
    I bought this original owners manual several years ago from a guy who a had found it at an estate sale. The book was in beautiful condition with this heavy plastic sheath that has been on it so long that it appears vacuum packed around it. After taking delivery I carefully remove it from the plastic.

Name:	790.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1190
    Not only was the manual in fantastic condition but these three items were found between the pages. 5 bucks, a battery warrenty card and business card.

Name:	791.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1189
    The bill is a 1950 series so God only knows how long its been riding between the pages of this manual. Maybe it was an emergency fund when five bucks would still fill your gas tank.

Name:	792.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1188
    Udo Singer the assistant parts manager at Vasek polak

Name:	789.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1187
    I have since added this original Carrera suppliment. Has not fared quite as well but helps to complete the glove box.

Name:	788.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1192
    Fortunately everyone fits in that plastic cover prefectly. Just a nice surpise find I though I'd share. I'm sure others have found far more interesting items stored in the pages of these old books.
    Thanks for reading this! Justin
    Justin Rio

Really cool find! Wonder what the $5 bill is worth today?

Comment

Hey Pat, Yes it was so much fun when I opened that manual and the bill fell out. Felt just like a kid when you got that birthday card in the mail from relative. As a collector piece its probably only worth five bucks in todays currency. Which is no where near what it was worth when it was "real" money in 1950 backed by gold instead of this fluctuating currency we have now backed by IOU's.
      Thanks again Pat! Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
      X