Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porsche 356 Registry Litigation: Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL. Thanks Brian.
    Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Guys,

While I will not comment on them, there were filings today which should get posted on the Ohio site tomorrow, if you are interested.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

More than 2,500 hits on a mere 8 short pages of this thread and less than 50 posts. Is that curiosity, apathy or perhaps a mix?

I spoke yesterday to a former trustee who has just stayed away from the 'discussion' .....and a well-known collector of cars, particularly Porsches, who "just stays away from the politics and looks forward to the magazine." And there we have it...........

A handful of vocal dissatisfied old men keep trying to involve others who care about the Registry, and the more we rail on, the less others seem to notice or be vocal themselves. One vocal man decided to seek legal leverage to see what Pandora has in that sealed box....otherwise, it's a standoff, and absolutely no fun for anyone.

Thanks, Justin, for allowing the venting about all this here.

Comment

[quote="bbspdstr" post=7646]More than 2,500 hits on a mere 8 short pages of this thread and less than 50 posts. Is that curiosity, apathy or perhaps a mix?

I spoke yesterday to a former trustee who has just stayed away from the 'discussion' .....and a well-known collector of cars, particularly Porsches, who "just stays away from the politics and looks forward to the magazine." And there we have it...........

A handful of vocal dissatisfied old men keep trying to involve others who care about the Registry, and the more we rail on, the less others seem to notice or be vocal themselves. One vocal man decided to seek legal leverage to see what Pandora has in that sealed box....otherwise, it's a standoff, and absolutely no fun for anyone.

Thanks, Justin, for allowing the venting about all this here.

Bruce,

As someone who is not involved but is curious about the end result, I am watching. Like was said before a rubbernecker driving by a roadside accident. I wish they would just open the box & show us all what is inside be it good or bad. It does seem that not to many really care one way or another. I guess because it hasn't affected the majority.
          Mic
          1959A coupe

Comment

DELETED

Comment

[quote="356JAGER" [COLOR=#ff0000]post=7664]Legal scholars please correct me if I'm wrong but the latest move by the Registry's legal beagles seems to be as follows:
              Having thrown a glop of pasta at the wall and having it fail to stick,
              pick up that same glop, spit on it and then throw it at the wall again in hopes of a different result.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
              Albert Einstein,

I asked my colleague, Larry Loophole, of the well-known firm of Shyster & Conniver this question. He referred me to prominent scholars, Murray, White, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe. They knowledgeably referred to Trusty Campbell's email of August 16, 2011 where he stated, and I quote: "Enough is enough." The continued effort to hide something by a group that publicly professes to have nothing to hide is disappointing. Even if what they are doing is legal, and I venture no opinion, what they are doing is wrong. Period.
              Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

DELETED

Comment

--redundant copy of post below--
                  ----------
                  Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

----------
                    Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

(I am the friend that was asked to be brought!)

It really is amazing that these same acidic thoughts get regurgitated, time and time again, and that in my observations, I think that the accusers and pundits here possibly have it a bit incorrect.

My understanding of this long drawn out legal process is that it is hung up on one single point of contention that Mr. Heinrichs not only wants full access to the Registry's financial records (which by the way, he has had access to already, as have had many persons visiting the Registry Open Meetings recently, to their apparent full satisfaction), but wants FULL ACCESS TO THE REGISTRY'S TOTAL MEMBERSHIP LIST, INCUDING ALL MEMBERS NAMES, ADDRESSES, EMAIL ADDRESSES, AND ANY OTHER RECORDS REGARDING THE MEMBERS CONTAINED IN THE MEMBER DATABASE, EVEN DOWN TO THE QUANTITY AND TYPE OF P-CARS THEY MAY HAVE! I believe that the responses from the Registry Executives, on behalf of it's members' privacy, is not only NO, but HELL NO! But actually, many of the voices here (I said many, not all), are not members of the Registry by their own accord, so revealing the private records of the Registry Membership for unknown or nefarious purposes does not necessarily bother persons that are not members of the Regsitry, now does it?

But please don't take my word for any of this, because who the hell am I?
                      So instead I challenge the Inquiring Minds to write a polite inquiry to your favorite Registry Trustee or President, and inquire for yourself. I would bet that a polite personal direct inquiry would result in an answer that might surprise you. Just for balance sake, it would be beneficial for any persons involved in the interest of the Registry's future to seek out a balanced input of information from both sides of the argument and then and only then cast your vote on what the real personal truths are here for you. Keep in mind that the Registry management continues to keep these business matters close (NOT HIDDEN!), rather than blasting out all kinds of rebuttals on their website, not because the are purposely hiding anything, but they are intelligent adults that realize that splatter of the inner debates and running of the Registry have no business in a Technical format such as the Registry Forum. Its about the CARS!

Comment

DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by 356JAGER" post=7687
                          Well 'Robert Bosch', thank you for regurgitating the same nonsensical tripe that the trusmes and their toadies have been positing to muddy the waters. Thankfully, thus far the courts have also recognized their nonsensical nature.
                          Incredible!
                          It really is facinating how, when valid counterpoints are brought up in a supposedly "open forum', that people will automatially go on the extreme defensive, replete with insults, name calling, disrespetful monikers for others (Trustmes?, Toadies?, really?), and total illogical responses. Just why is my posting 'nonsensical tripe'? Have you personally had an intelligent converstaion with Registry Managment to prove me wrong on this? What makes the nature of the actions of the Registry 'nonsensical'? Is it just because they don't make sense to you? If that is the case, there is a possible solution. Have you actually tried to make sense of this with open direct dialog with the accused party? Your lack of an intelligent and adult response to me is in itself non-sensical and inflamatory. I am just attempting to let you realize that there are parts of this story that you do not hear nor understand, and perhaps never will, because you apparently choose to not listen to reason or ask questions to the correct parties yourself. That in itself is the possible root of the entire argumenative problem here. If one is not part of the solution, one is a part of the problem.

Comment

DELETED

Comment

This is for Bobby B as he signs, aka Robert Bosch by user name. Welcome to an open discussion of what I believe all of us believe is best for the 356 Registry. Many of us believe that the current trustees and officers are not what is best. You apparently think otherwise as is your right. 2/3 of the voters in the last election agreed with you. 1/3 disagreed in the strongest possible terms, meaning that fully 1/3 of the membership has no representation amongst current club "leadership."

I would hope you could take the time to review these links for a little more information. I would hope you would also read the complaint by Steve Heinrichs and the counter-claim by the trustees, in which they chose to put in issue their own business, including a claim of lost membership, thus making detailed membership records of relevance to all further proceedings in the litigation made necessary solely (in my opinion) due to the refusal of the trustees to do what is right. Mr. Heinrichs did not ask for, in his requests to the trustees, much of the information of which you accuse him of asking.

http://www.porsche356abcgt.com/forum...&start=36#7341

http://www.porsche356abcgt.com/forum...&start=42#7338

The latter link incorporates my April 8, 2011 post to the Registry Forum, my first public inquiry concerning books and records. The first inquiry from a person the trustees chose to be a moderator was to accuse me of "hiding" for the following weekend when I was at a woodie show and forever (apparently) branding all who dared disagree with the trustees' wisdom "accusers." I am unable to find an accusation in the 7 questions I posted.

My first private inquiry was an email to then President House in the fall of 2010. His FIRST response was, when I was attempting to look at books and records since the club had just lost $17,000 in the previous reporting year, was to accuse me of seeking Jerry Seinfeld's home address - ironic since I may be the only guy in America who has never seen him on TV. The trustees as a group then suggested amongst themselves, with no objection other than from Al Zim, that Sampson should pack sand up his ass. Later the editor in a phone conversation with a trustee referred to me as a pig for asking
                              about such membership matters.

I permitted my membership to lapse at the end of May, 2012, because I found the club leadership's behavior disgusting. My wife wanted to remain a member so she joined in July, 2012. When the Open Four announced they would run for the board, I attempted to re-join. Sometime after paying with paypal I received an email from President Dunn informing me that due to my actions inimical to the club my application for membership was unanimously denied by the board (Al no
                              longer being a member of the board). So, as best I can tell, Mr. Bosch, you and I have something in common - we are not members of the Registry. My wife searched for you and could not locate you in the records, although it is obvious that there are problems with the Registry software on its forum.

Finally, although you obviously meant the term "Inquiring Minds" as a pejorative, I do appreciate that term much more than the terms "devious twit" and "accuser" as used publicly by former moderator Murray or "liberal twit" or "complaining clown" as used publicly by trustee Skirmants. I'm pretty thick skinned though. Besides the foregoing a recent Spark Plug award winner refers to me as a Nazi, Communist, ambulance chaser, so, call me what you must. I'm highly unlikely to litigate.
                              Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Joel Jensen
                                ' If you've nothing to hide, why are you hiding it?'
                                Probably because (1) it is actaully none of your business (just like some of the actions of the Registry are not for public display/debate), (2) it is not germain information to the subjects at hand, and truthfully, (3) because it will probably make certain untrusting personalities here livid. I don't know it has ever been a requirement to be 100% forthcoming with your identity on the Internet and forums these days (just look at the member list of this site!), as you don't know who is mining the data for other nefarious uses. But no-one would do that, now would they?

How do I know who 356JAEGER is, and if Joel Jensen is his/her real name, or bigger question, why would I even care or base my impressions of his/her posts just because of his/her name. The actual name makes no difference to me if I know him or not, as I base my impressions on their posts and how they weigh against my own beliefs and values.

And I didn't ask anyone to believe my previous posts. In fact I encouraged all not to take my word, and to go research the truths for themselves, to which some only had non-sensical responses to. At least the defamous monikers and insults have been toned down a bit in this last response - that is a start.

Looking back at these threads, I don't think I have seen where others have challenged Manolin for his actual name, or been sucessful in having Dan997tt to reveal his complete identity, at least not publicly.

It really is great that you 6 or so personalities that dominate these two threads have found a new home here, since the Registry, and now the Samba apparently, prefer that persons do not discuss these contentious subjects on their forums. At least, thank goodness, you are all in one place now, and I can find my information assimilation / entertainment a bit easier with one-stop shopping. It is just unfortunate to have to wait until midnight to have the most vocal contributor sign in with his two cents of rational prose. Good to finally see all of you back in one place and acting as one united voice against the evil and corruption in the world. Keep it Flyin' till it hits the fan!

Comment

Working...
                                X