Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porsche 356 Registry Litigation: Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original posting withdrawn for more research

OK. I had it mostly right as Joel suggests. The original posting is in red. Some new thoughts are in blue

Bruce my friend. I must respectfully disagree that the problem is communication. The present board and its hireling/officer have communicated only too well that "their" business is NOT the members' business and that what the board and its hireling want is of no concern to you or the other plebeians/unwashed/members.

As to a litigation update the appellate court has ruled that no stay of discovery will be granted. The frivolous defense mounted by the Registry has served only to generate needless expense and to obstruct and delay the orderly administration of justice. Steve H should also now be able to obtain the necessary proof to put to rest the frivolous countersuit filed by the trustees. Do not forget that. They have filed a frivolous countesuit against Steve. Frivolous unless, as Steve must, you must pay for it with your own money with the Registry being funded by an insurance company or by insurance companies as seems likely. If not funded by insurance, then the Registry's spurious claims are being funded by members' money.

My bias is evident and admitted. However, four non-biased judges have now indicated their considered disagreement with the trustees' position. Although some of the board obviously seldom if ever permits facts to interfere with opinion, perhaps the more thoughtful (if there are any) board members would listen to a respected member who would have the good sense to tell them that they might lose. I'm sure their lawyers have told them they might lose - that's the lawyers' job. Sometimes parties to litigation figure out, without the matter going to judgment, that their position is not sustainable and relent. For the sake of all I hope that happens.

http://fcdcfcjs.co.franklin.oh.us/CaseInformationOnline/caseSearch?pt0UrCKFwtQRaQQJoAzg is a link to the appeals court information page - I HOPE it works

There was opposition (and a reply) to a motion for stay in the trial court but in my third review today I could not find the motion itself. I have not seen a ruling on that and now assume that there is no ruling in the trial court because there was no motion in the trial court.

So, it looks like, at the moment anyway, Steve is entitled to the discovery he requested half a year ago. I expect the trustees to hold their breath and stamp their feet some more.
    Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

DELETED

Comment

----
        Jack Stenner
        ---------------
        1953 Porsche 356 Coupe 1500N
        1959 VW SO-23 Camper

Comment

[quote="bbspdstr" post=7344][quote="Losthillsguy" post=7342]Lurking, I don't want to miss anything good

Brian, there are more than a few of us who have vested interests (and some basic curiosity) in the future of a restuctured Registry, but it's the not missing anything bad that's been the major problem.

I don't envy you or others in your position. You deal with 356's and their owners for living, so you are almost forced into a continued relationship with The Registry.

For someone like myself who is only a hobbyist with one 356, I can just go for a drive and not worry about it.

The bottom that I have come to realize is for 90% of the Registry Membership is it's a magazine subscription. For the other 10% it's a club with a forum (You're welcome) and a couple of Holidays.

I would still be a willing participant if I agreed with the Trustees, but their behavior was, IMO, a very strange way to treat your volunteer force and their positions were inflexible... but we all hashed that out a long time ago.

Now I have that "have to look at the wreck" mentality and follow the lawsuit. If you made this story up, no one would believe you.
          Brian O'Kelly

Comment

"I don't envy you or others in your position. You deal with 356's and their owners for living, so you are almost forced into a continued relationship with The Registry."

Brian, thanks for the concern for those of us "in the business," at least those vocal enough, like me, to be noticed in this maelstrom.

Personally, I already miss the old Registry, not the new version since the Big Dust Up One morphed into Son of BDU II. It's a want, not a need for me and most of my customer base, who are well aware of my interest in "getting back to" the Registry that was more fun than what we are having now, or we would all just walk away.

I always think of old song lyrics in relation to things like this and guys like Adam remind me of "one foot on the platform, the other on the train." To me, the most difficult and futile thing to do is try to please everyone all the time. Please note that VERY few advertisers get near such discussions, let alone voice an opinion.

The good news for me is that I have never bought advertising in 42 years and while lately more customers than not are Registry members/subscribers, they either agree or disagree with the crazy politics IF they are discussed and then we get down to the cars themselves.

Quite like another thread here and everywhere, the trend now is for shops like mine to get more and more SWB/LWB 900-series ('65-'73) inquiries. Inquires already this week for future projects were (1) Speedster and (1) early 911.

Bill, I hold to the poor communications aspect. Asking questions got "enough is enough" from Campbell (included with you and Al Zim) instead of "OK, Bruce, you have questions so I'll do my best to answer each one, but can we keep this short please, as I'm just a volunteer." THAT would have been GOOD communication, even if the answers were slanted. What I can't stand is NO communication...I can take an "FU" better than being ignored until I'm accused of making accusations that haven't been made. Then, MY attitude changed when I finally realized I was getting the silent "FU." That composite basically sucks.

I think all who are paying attention, who care about the club aspect, are looking for and waiting to see whatever it is that the trustees are so reluctant to show. Meanwhile, as has been the case for all too long, fertile minds are conjuring up all sorts of dastardly deeds that as yet have not been proven, with only appearances, secrecy and attitudes to go on. If only the board had hired a PR firm long before needing a legal one.....

Comment

Mr.Baker:

Allow me to share a (personal) view of the two different focuses of these two threads as an explanation of why I think my last post was appropriately placed.

RFR is intended to focus on the general/philosophical/strategic issues of concern, while the RLU thread is the logical (I think) repository of all issues of legality (and I lump them together for convenience as the Club's current mis-direction is associated with many legal issues), from the lawsuit to understanding the regulations that are supposed to frame the activities of a 501(c)(7) non-profit social club, and the ways that the Club leadership have failed in their responsibility to maintain a beneficial compliance.

I am open to alternate suggestions.
              ----------
              Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

Mr.Baker:

Communication is usually the first to go when one has something to hide, and hiding would seem to be at the core of the Trustys' legal strategy (along with Their trusty Smoke and Mirrors techniques in the form of the Counter-suits... which has backfired on them in the Discovery phase and that's what I call irony).

Given Their rich history of silence, secrecy, misdirection, and disinformation, it doesn't take a terribly fertile mind to see an easy segue from idle conjecture to forensic examination, both the natural product of any leadership that values slight-of-hand over transparency. And it does not take a mind rife with paranoia to interpret a doggedly forceful and comically arrogant secrecy as a likelyhood of "something to hide".

And that is why I join so many others in admiration of Mr.Heinrichs' valiant (and expensive) effort to drag the details of this sordid mess into the daylight so that truth will be known, one way or another.
                ----------
                Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

All,

For those of you following the litigation, please note that the Civil case judge today agreed with the Appeals Court as to rejecting the Registry's motion to stay the judge's order affirming the Motion to Compel pending the Appeals Court decision as to the Registry's appeal.

The Ohio case information site notes the judge's decision but, as of now, the order itself is not posted. It should be soon. I hope you will read it if you are interested.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Delighted to see these updates. I'd been wondering what was going on. A big thanks to Justin for allowing it here.
                    Thanks,
                    David Gensler

Comment

Someone should post a link on 356Talk to this topic.
                      Brian O'Kelly

Comment

Mr.O'Kelly, I doubt it would last long enough to be seen by much of anyone.

But I'd love to see it happen anyway.

Warning: To do so may involve some risk.

Mr.Gensler:

Delighted that you have found this little hotbed of truth and alternative thinking. Come back often. Bring a couple friends.
                        ----------
                        Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

[quote="S.J.Szabo" post=7524]Mr.O'Kelly, I doubt it would last long enough to be seen by much of anyone.

But I'd love to see it happen anyway.

Warning: To do so may involve some risk.

Ya Think! I bet what I call the 90 percent don't even know the source of their magazine is getting sued.

And since these club issues are only discussed via email or phone call with the president, I wonder how much info he would give out.

Is there really any way for the membership to find out what's going on?
                          Brian O'Kelly

Comment

----
                            Jack Stenner
                            ---------------
                            1953 Porsche 356 Coupe 1500N
                            1959 VW SO-23 Camper

Comment

Jack:

I have an idea

Please email me at mondokook-idea20130517@yahoo.com

Bill
                              Bill Sampson

BIRD LIVES!!!!!

HAYDUKE LIVES!!!!!

Comment

Bill Sampson AKA Reverend Moon(er)
                                356 Talk List Monitor/Moderator 2003(?)-2008
                                356 Registry Hall Monitor Award 2008
                                356 Registry Moderator in Chief 2008
                                "Liberal twit" per 356 Registry Trustees
                                "Complaining Clown" - ditto
                                "Inimical" - ditto
                                "Devious Twit" per Cliff the Corpulent
                                "Super Hero" - ditto

The higher you fly the farther you have to fall. But even after you hit the ground, you want to dig a little deeper
                                Brian O'Kelly

Comment

Working...
                                X