Comment

Tack welded together and taking shape.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	4167558819-Copy.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	14027

Comment

Used another roof to skin. Looks much better and will need less bodywork this way.

Name:	2-1-2010012-Copy.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	14029

Comment

This is how it sits as of now, a back burner project waiting it's turn to shine...

Name:	20120802_0037212-Copy.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	14031

Comment

Here is a shot of when I was moving things around to fit them all in the garage. You can see all my other projects at the time... A 1954 Chevy truck I mounted to my 2000 Ford Ranger frame, a 1963 VW panel, and a 1960 VW singlecab

Name:	1-15-2005054-Copy.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	14033
            They are all gone except my Volksrod and Porsche.

Comment

Hey Frank, thank you for posting this project up! What a cool build!I can certainly appreciate all the time involved just to get this far! The chop and channeling you've done the body as well was the suspension modifications; is this your own twist on it or are you following another's build dimensions? Raising the rear drivetrain like you have sure has lowered its center of gravity; not to mention the width you've added sure will make this car handle better. Very clean job on the roof chop! I have always heard it takes two bodies to do it right. Is the front suspension backwards for mock-up purposes or is this the way its going to run? Very smart of you to widdle yourself down to two major builds. Its the only way you'll ever see these projects to thier end. Thanks again for posting, the car looks great and reminds me of the old SoCal Bonneville salt-flat racer. Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

Thanks Justin, When I started this project there were just three others like this that I knew of. Now a few years later I see them everywhere. Each of the other cars had thier own twist on the modifications. I did some things to my liking and I have yet to see the wider rear suspension set up on any other car that I came up with for mine. The front end is backwards and I flipped the spindles so my tie rods wouldn't be so high. Had to mess with the shims to get it all working properly. Yes, it will be nice only having two cars in the garage! Frank

Comment

With this skill set, it is time you build a 356 version.

Comment

Any work on this or have you sold it on?
                    Mark Erbesfield
                    57 356A
                    65 911
                    68 912
                    73 911S
                    66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
                    79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

I still have it, torn apart and stored away. Just bought an oval rear window clip to weld into it not long ago. Someday day I'll get back on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X