Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #115368 into outlaw build

Guys,

just a short introduction from me and #115368 that is currently under construction into an outlaw as I would love to get it done (what is all about for me).

Bought as project two years ago, this is the picture taken as "found"....

Click image for larger version

Name:	541396_568271349859109_1046225457_n.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	21076

I would like to show you some of the progress that is already done since I picked up the 356 and would love to discuss options and possibilities for the final car.

Cheers,
    Tom

one of the first mods was to install an custom rollbar into the body

Name:	01032011121.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	21079

was an testfitting of nearly one week to get it done, finally all welds are fixed and the result is nice in my eye.

Cheers,
    Tom

Comment

YES!!! Welcome glad to see anouther Outlaw build starting! Whats your overall plan for suspension and power?
      60 Coupe Outlaw Project

Comment

Nice T-5. Are you keeping it Fjord Green ? What are your plans for the car ?

Comment

Hello Tom,

Thank you for posting up your build and welcome to our forum!! It will be alot of fun to kick around some ideas with you. I'm not clear, did you purchase this car already painted or was this something you've had done? It looks like a nice paint job; great color BTW!
          The basic question will be how heavy are you interested in modifying it? Do want the car to be able to be converted back to stock configuration relatively easily? So bolt-ons and maybe some trim deletions or more invasive modifications? The roll-bar looks good is it fully welded in there or removable? Look forward to more pics! Thanks and Welcome once again! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	Foto.JPG
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	21119

Comment

Oh man, tragic story on that Pre-A deal Thomas. So sorry that fell through on you. It sounds like someone got to him and educated him on what his car might really be worth. Hell, he may have even found out on the web. Well you at least got yourself into a very nice later coupe. So this car was metal finished and painted and the owner lost steam on the reassembly?? Incredible, he was so close!! Very interesting stories Thomas! Thank you! Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	FotoKopie2.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	21202

Name:	FotoKopie3.JPG
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	21203

Here a pic of the engine that is also done nearly 20 years ago... stored since then in an shelf...

Name:	FotoKopie4.JPG
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	21204

Comment

Beautiful color! A 20 year old paint job is exactly perfect and has earned a title as a competent restoration. Enough time has passed for any gremlins to make thier appearance including shrinkage, peeling, cracking or small rust bubbles forming. I would pick your car any day of the week over a car just back from paint. You really lucked out with this find. So maybe on the motor some new front and rear main seals and your ready to roll?? Justin
                  Justin Rio

Comment

Dear all,

yes, I think its a benefit to see that nothing had happened to (underneath) the paint after 20 years. After towing it home, I could already start with the fun part...

Name:	garten3.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	21320

Name:	garten4.JPG
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	21322

Name:	garten1.JPG
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	21321

Name:	garten2.JPG
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	21319

Comment

Tom,

Very interesting story. You will have a very nice car I think when you finish it. So true Justins comment about paint. The last time I painted the body of my car was 24 years ago. I can see the effects of time ( not rust ) but shrinkage in few places and something like blistering on really sound good metal. Its the fact my preparation was not as good as it should have been. If yours looks as good close up as in the photos then it shows he really did a great job on the car.

Lucky you!

Roy

Comment

Comment

Name:	225286_212889612063953_8267257_n.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	21723

Name:	253283_246693335350247_3302087_n.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	21724

One of the first modifications was this really nice headliner that was custom made to my specs. I always did like the early, more luxurious style of those mohair headliners in comparison to the later style ones. So I found a company who made this really nice one for me. As all interior visual metal parts (for eg Rollcage) will be painted in an special color that will match the leather interior, it will have an very exclusive look (in my eye )

Name:	247988_223320344354213_742923_n.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	21725

Comment

Looks great so far Tom and I really like the modification you've got planned. Any photos of the drop spindles and disc brake set up your running?? The Mohair is a step up from the vinyl headliner but my problem with it is its such a dirt magnet and you really have to watch where you put your hands after its in. Looks very nice though! Keep 'em coming! Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	IMG_0647.JPG
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	21793

Name:	IMG_0651.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	21794

Name:	IMG_0648.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	21795

Got some delivery problems with a wrong adapter in my package but this problem was sorted out by csp instandly and correct!

Over all, I do like the zero offset solution because I now have some kind of tucked wheel/fender base. The car is only dropped by the spindle in the front, so no additional droppage though front axle. Car sits low now, but not too low (about 3" space from towhook to ground).

Here is a picture with stock 4.5" kpz and 165 vredestein sprints....

Name:	P1030890-002.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	21796

Have fun,
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X