X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR70
    replied
    Thanks for getting this started Joris, I'll go first.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	540160.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	81607
    While I do like the simonsen's rocker panels I do have a word of warning about their forward battery replacement wall. Its stamped a touch too tall. The tapered lower flanged lip hung way too low and was much too pronounced under the nose apron. Its stamped so deep that it required the removal of the cross brace on the battery floor to get it to seat down flush. This was before I figured out what the problem was.

Name:	aaaaaaaadd.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	81608
    I was on the DDK site some time back and ran across this project photo and the forward closing wall immediately jumped out at me. That's an over exaggeration hanging way too low under the nose. I'd bet a simonsen's wall.

Name:	acoupst127.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	81609

Original. Hangs a little but not that pronounced.
    Justin

Leave a comment:

• Carrera_The_Kid
    started a topic 356 reproduction sheet metal

356 reproduction sheet metal

All,

I exchanged some e-mails with Justin a couple of weeks back. With some of the fantastic work being done here I thought it would be an interesting idea to compile a list of the best fitting reproduction sheet metal out there. As more and more pieces are available from various vendors I think it will help to have an overview who sells the best fitting piece for each application.

To be honest I have a bit of a self interest in this. I will be starting on the restoration of a '56 coupe soon which needs quite a bit of help. I will be sure to detail some of the work here.

My thought is to make a spread sheet to capture all the info, post it here and update it when information become available. So far The only entry I have is from Justin who tells me that for rockers the Zims/Siemonsen are the ones to get.

Best,

Joris
Working...
X