Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre A Porsche race car the next project

hi everyone first time on this Forum

just sharing my next project with you all its a Pre A 54 356 Porsche. back in the day it was upgraded with a 58 roof clip and dash. I have a heap more info and photos on this gem on my face book page https://www.facebook.com/porsche1958/ and Instagram @porsche1958

I'm still looking for some sheet metal parts bottom of front window for bent window , air vents for under dash witch where cut off and the main bracket for the Boomerang style window wiper..

thank you florian beck my contact info is florianbeck5@hotmail.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	preA.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	76262

Name:	prea2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	76263

Name:	prea1.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	76264

Name:	prea3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	76265

hi florian,

are you replacing the roof as well? I'm sure i know where there is a roof section... not sure about the heater vents but i need a pair and i will be making some!

rusty tubs has roof sections in GRP which would be ideal to use as a buck to roll up a new roof section. i have thought about doing mine that way but the cost of the roof and shipping over here would be too much for me.

i will ask a friend if he knows where any vents are as well as the scuttle panel.

i'll keep you posted

Comment

Hi Florian,

Welcome to abcGT and you have a BIG job as you write on your FB page.

Would you mind sending the Porche Owners Badge back to me in Sweden
      I would like that one as well

Our Tin Master NielB from down under is really good on breaking a sheet of metal to a shape.
      You just have to persuade him to sell you his "prototypes" when he is wheeling and hammering

There are alot of good guys doing repro parts in low series...you just need to find the right one.
      Keep us updated with your progress

/JOP
      JOP

Comment

Hey Florian,

Thanks for sharing your new build and Welcome! Though it has some body issues the frame seems quite solid. If that's the case you're in much better shape than if the chassis was almost gone but had a better skin. You're miles ahead if the chassis is solid. Best of luck with it!
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Thank you everyone.. Yep its going to be a fun build.
          there is a lot more info on this car on the 356 Registry The Mystery car 1950 to 1955 http://forum.porsche356registry.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40736

I will be building it with the fitted bumpers like attached photos old school racer

Name:	1952_porsche_356_1500_s_mille_miglia_2009_jan_veening_okt_2015_0.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	76327

Name:	preA314.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	76328

Comment

hi Jop

that was your Porsche Owners Badge thats epic.. its a small world..

Comment

Name:	image_2016-05-30.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	76337
              Morgen Florian,
              Oups.... that was just me joking with U
              The badge you bought you said came out of the woods in Scandihuligan country where Im hiding.
              It is a lovely design and will look good on your racer when its done
              / JOP
              JOP

Comment

hahah ok .. yah i have found some amazing bits for the Dash all over the place..

Comment

hi neilb

if you know of a roof let me know.. your in Australia as well fantastic. the vents if you workout a price Ill book in for a set to..

chat soon florian

Comment

Here's a hot-rodded '51 split window a friend of mine did a few years back I thought might interest you:

Name:	3561697.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	76475

Name:	3561700.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	76476

Name:	3561701.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	76477
                    car has since been sold and is being returned back to factory correct.
                    Justin Rio

Comment

that looks amazing. thank you

Comment

G'day Florian,

Great to see you pop up here as well. Keep up the great work mate, you're obviously addicted. I was very impressed with your work on the '58, hope this one goes as well for you.

Jonesy

Comment

Originally posted by JTR70" post=33911
                          Here's a hot-rodded '51 split window a friend of mine did a few years back I thought might interest you:

car has since been sold and is being returned back to factory correct.
                          That does look fantastic. Perhaps someone can explain why people are so keen to outlaw/hotrow the very early cars? I can only guess it because the bits needed to return to original spec are so tough to find that it's a long, tough, expensive process therefore the nature response is to get something nice that runs well. Also people like having a wolf in sleeps clothing maybe?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I would say its sometimes done because guys love the early looks but bone stock correct performance leaves a lot to be desired. And yes the expense of trying to dress a bare pre-A shell Too scary to think about as you could easily spend 10-15K just putting the dashboard back together.

Name:	930491.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	76536
                            I took a ride in this museum piece several years back. The idea and early rarity of it was far more romantic than the actual "going up the road in It" with all 40Hp and a crash-box. One Pre-a Hotrod coming right up.
                            All just personal taste of course, as you know the photo above would be heaven for the purist performance be damned.
                            Justin Rio

Comment

great photo.. yah its a expensive hobby ..

Comment

Working...
                              X